Ch.1

Kai's p.o.v

I laid my head against the window of Bonnie's car as she drove us to school

I laid my head against the window of Bonnie's car as she drove us to school. I didn't wanna go back but figured I needed to finish high school it's something my parents would've wanted.

"Kai, Kai."

"Huh? I didn't it again didn't I?"

"Yeah I'll try to take a different way tomorrow, I know its hard."

"No I'm fine, it still hurts a little to drive past."

"I know I wish I could change it all."

We pulled up at the school and parked. I sighed feeling nausea from thinking about all the fake sympathy that I was about to get. 

"Bonnie never mind I can't do this."

"Kai look at me you can't do this, I'll be here every step of the way."

I got out of the car and bonnie grabbed my hand walking with me to the office. Everyone stared as we walked in.

"Hi I'm here to pick up my schedule."

"Name?"

"Kai West."

"Oh dear I'm so sorry to hear about your parents, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks."

"Here's your schedule dear."

1st: Dance
2nd: History
3rd: Biology
4th: lunch
5th: English
6th: free period

"So we only have three classes together?"

"Its not that bad, just text me if you need it."

"Alright, but let's head to dance."

"Okay but let me go to the bathroom."

"Fine but after 5 minutes I'm coming in there."

I walked in the bathroom smoking a bit to calm my nerves. I was on my out when I bumped into someone.

"Sorry I wasn't paying attention, I say looking up at the guy I bumped into. He had pretty gold eyes and somewhat long honey blond hair.

"No it was me, my apologizes ma'am he says handing me my books."

"Thanks I hope to see you around."

"You too."

I walked back over to boonie and she was smiling.

"Girl you just bumped into jasper hale."

"Who?"

"Him and his family moved down here from Alaska while you were gone, they hardly talk to anyone."