ch.6

*2 days later*

Jasper's p.o.v

It had been two days since Kai stopped talking to me and she hasn't showed up to school. I drove over to her house and noticed Bonnie's car was missing.

"Kai."

I heard something break so I bolted upstairs. When I got to her room I saw a vase smashed.

"Shit. Jasper what's are you doing here?"

"You haven't showed up at school school for 2 days I was worried, where are the Bennett?"

"They had a family emergency so they left yesterday."

"How long have you been like this?"

"Ever since we had that fight."

"Why didn't you call me, I would've come over and helped."

"I can take care of myself."

"Yeah and how's that working out for you?"

"Well its better than being lied to."

"Kai look at me, I only lied because I couldn't handle you talking about yourself like you mean nothing. Because kai you are so perfect from the stubbornness, to the competitive spirit, to unconditional love you have for monsters like me and your perfect beauty and the way the light reflects of your eyes when your happy."

"I'm sorry jas for flipping out on you."

"Its okay, you had a right to, I say brushing her hair out here face."

"God your burning up."

"But your hand feels so nice."

"Perks of being a cold one."

"Shut up."

"ill go draw you up a bath so maybe you can cool down."

"Thank you."

I drew her bath and let her relax while I made her dinner.  I came up to her room and she was texting someone.

"hey everything okay?"

"Yeah my witch is super worried and just wanted to check on me."

"I made you homemade soup, something my mom taught me before my change."

"Awe thank you but you still remember stuff like that even after your change?"

"Yeah it becomes clearer and more vivid."

"Ah. Will you ever tell me your story?"

"Its not that interesting."

"But I know everyone else's expect for you, your somewhat of a mystery to me."

"Maybe I like that, I say smiling at her."

"Please. Please."

"Okay Darlin, you win."

"Now as you know I didn't have the same upbringing as the others. I was the youngest major in the Texas Calvary but the training was really unless to me. I was riding back from rescuing a town of women and children when I met a certain immortal... Maria. She changed me making me her second in command responsible for training her newborn army and then killing then once they became useless that's where all my scars come from. But see I thought what maria and I had was love but I was just her puppet. Then Alice came along and we sought out the Cullen's."

She didn't say anything after I finished but instead looked sat my scars.

"You think this makes you a monster? Because it doesn't it shows you were acting out of love, it shows you were willing to do anything for a women who you thought loved you, jasper I have met far more scarier monsters than you so believe me you are one of the most caring creatures I have met."

I looked at her seeing the unconditional love come out in her. I leaned in and kissed her.

"Darlin you don't know how long I have waited for you."

"That's what Alice meant when she said we were meant to be together."

"Yeah but I don't want you to feel pressured, I want to actually continue this beautiful relationship only adding things like this I say kissing her."

"I would love that."

Kai's p.o.v

Right now I was wrapped in jaspers arms sniggling against his chest.

"Hey kai, what did you mean when you said that my family weren't the first vampires you crossed?"

"You remember Katherine?"

"Your ancestor?"

"She is an original vampire more importantly my guardian angel. After my parents death she took care of me before she had to leave. I haven't seen her since but her two friends Klaus and Elijah hunt for her while stopping and checking in on me."

"An original vampire? She's a different breed of vampire?"

"Where my family is original from, we were one of the founding families in mystic falls, Virginia. Original vampires can be killed by stakes and revain, they burn in sunlight so they have rings or in Kat's case a necklaces that protects them, and caffeine helps regulate there blood to keep them warm, and they can essentially eat anything and it won't burn their throat."

He was staring at me in amazement.

"What is it Jas?"

"This whole time I was worried you thought about me as this monster when you have been exposed to this life way before me."

"Jasper I never thought of you as a monster and never could."

He leaned in and kissed me.

"You should get some sleep, we do have school tomorrow after all."

"Nun noo, don't you dare, you won't win this one."

"Fine, but I will win the rest."

I laid down snuggling into his chest, slowly closing my eyes as sleep consuming me.