Ch.20

Kai's p.o.v

This summer was defiantly one to remember. For two months me, bonnie, and rose went on vacation to California and went to chocella. It was pretty crazy for sure, seeing bonnie getting drunk was so funny. Then kat and Elijah and Klaus took me back to mystic falls to show and teach me more about our family history which was pretty cool minus the couple of times Klaus had to compel people to let us into private areas that was key to me understanding the full history of our people. I told them to make sure I was home by today because today is me and Jasper's six month anniversary. I was at home finishing wrapping Jasper's present. It was something from his old life Edward told me about so on our way to mystic falls we stopped in Galveston, Texas and I grabbed it. Jasper thought he had lost this pocket watch that his dad gave him but Klaus found it and we fixed it a little by adding the date we started dating. I hoped he would like it, I was so nervous and I'm still nervous.

"Hey princess happy six months, he says wrapping his arms around me and kissing me."

"Hey happy 6 months."

He pats a spot next to him on my bed and I sit next to him. He hand me a bag.

"Open it."

I reached inside and there's a photo frame. I flip it over and see the picture from prom where he was lifting me up and you could see the love for each other in our eyes. I smiled at what he wrote around the frame. 'We are not broken, just bent so we can learn to love again.'

"How did?"

"How did?"

"One of the photographers at prom must have took it but when I seen it, I could sense our love for one another from it."

I smiled setting it down and pulling him closer to me so I can kiss him.

"Thank you babe, I love it in fact its going on my stand so I can look at it everyday when I wake up and go to sleep."

"I'm glad you love it as much as I did."

Now it was my turn the nerves came back as I handed jasper his present.

"Babe nerves are radiating off you like crazy."

"I'm worried you won't like your gift that's all."

"I'm sure I'll love it no matter what."

He unwraps it and I swear venom just pours out of his eyes. He just looks at it amazed.

"Jazz, babe?"

"I thought I lost this from my human life, how did you find it?"

"I had a little help from Edward, when the family was on going to mystic falls me and Klaus stopped in Galveston, Texas and he found it. Then me and Klaus added the date we started dating."

He smiles pulling me close to him attacking me kisses.

"Thank you so much babe you don't know how much it means to me, its even more special now that your featured on it."

I smiled at him, happy he didn't hate his gift. He wraps his arms around me kissing me.

"I love you princess."

"I love you too Major."

I clear of my nightstand and place my gift right in the center of it. I couldn't stop smiling while looking at it.

Jasper's p.o.v

Now it was Kai's  turn the nerves came back as she handed me her present.

"Babe nerves are radiating off you like crazy."

"I'm worried you won't like your gift that's all."

"I'm sure I'll love it no matter what."

I unwraps it and I swear venom just pours out of my eyes. It was my dad's pocket watch I had lost before I was changed.

"Jazz, babe?" I hear her say

"I thought I lost this from my human life, how did you find it?"

"I had a little help from Edward, when the family was on going to mystic falls me and Klaus stopped in Galveston, Texas and he found it. Then me and Klaus added the date we started dating."

I smiled pulling her close to me and began  attacking her kisses.

"Thank you so much babe you don't know how much it means to me, its even more special now that your featured on it."

She smiled at me clearly happy that i didn't hate my gift. I wrapped my arms around her and kissed me.

"I love you princess."

"I love you too Major."

I smiled as I watched her set her gift front and center on her nightstand. I couldn't stop looking my watch or the beautiful mate I had laying next to me.

"Thank you again princess, you don't know how much this means to me."

"Your welcome I wanted to get you something special for our six months and Edward suggested it."

"I'm glad he did, I say placing a kiss on her lips."

She smiles placing her hands on my face, kissing me some more.

"What's the story behind your watch?"

"It's like a family heirloom, it passed down from my grandfather to my dad who passed it down to me in which I was supposed to past it down to my son."

She rubs her thumb over my hand as her way of telling me it would she felt bad. I smiled as I kissed her hand.

"I wish I had met you when I was human in 1864 because we could have gone swimming in the lake behind my parents house, had a proper courtship, gotten married, and had a family of our own."

I didn't realize the venom was falling out of my eyes until I felt her trying to wipe my face. I smiled kissing the palms of her hand.

"We could still have one of those things at least."

"Marriage now?"

"Not now silly but soon like maybe a year after we graduate or something."

I smiled pulling her into my lap and burying my head in her neck. I feel her arms wrap tighter around me.