Imperialshipping

This chapter was requested by Parkkrys

Green didn't know if it was the way his hips swayed with pride when he entered the room, or the golden sparkle of his eyes, or the dazzling smirk he held even after numerous defeats. Something about Gold made Green crazy.

It was something Green thought on a lot, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. When he had asked her about it, Daisy had just laughed and told him, "Brother has finally fallen hasn't he?"

He was glad he asked her though, she was the one person he could trust not to go blab about it to Gold himself. If he had asked Red or Blue he would've been screwed, and it turns out that Yellow can't hide secrets very well either.

Green was lost in thought when he heard the gym doors open. He looked up to see a challenger stride in with confidence that no other challenger held. His eyes beamed with excitement and he swept his bangs to the side while giving Green a look that said, "We know who's going to win this time."

Gold had been getting better and better each time he came by the gym, it was no doubt that one day soon he would pass Green up and finally win. Green felt selfish, he tried harder than anyone else to beat Gold every time. He figured that if Gold won, he would take the badge and continue on his way.

That was why he had to beat him. If Gold won, Green would never see those brilliantly golden eyes, dazzling smile, or confident prowess anymore, and that made Green want to keep him here.

'God what am I thinking.' Green told himself as Gold stopped in front of him. No one had made him feel like this, and Gold's constant flirtatious attitude with everyone didn't help.

He would wink at Green during battle and it made Green's heart jump, although he knew he was like this with everyone. Those winks weren't anything special, that's just who Gold was, and perhaps that was yet another thing about the boy that Green felt himself pulled to.

"I'm here to challenge the gym!" Gold put his hands on his hips and gave Green one of his blinding grins. Green looked off to the side to avoid the boy's gaze, "Fine. You're only going to lose." Green put on his usual stone faced act.

"We'll see about that." Gold laughed and ran to one side of the battle field while Green walked to the other.

Gold's face instantly tensed and Green caught a glimpse of a face he had never seen on the boy. He pulled a Pokeball from his belt and threw it onto the field, "Let's do this Sintaro!" his Sunflora appeared on the field, a look of determination about its face.

Green smiled and pulled a Pokeball from his own belt, "Well in that case, go! Charizard!" the mighty lizard burst forth onto the battlefield surrounded by flames. The huge beast looked down on the flower, but it didn't waver to Green's surprise.

"I thought you'd do that, Sintaro, Rain Dance!" Gold yelled and the small sunflower began to spin and dance until water began to fall from above.

"Crap. Charizard Seismic Toss!" Green shouted, but Gold had already traded out his Sunflora for Politoed. "Poltaro, use Hydro Pump!" Green watched as his Charizard was taken out before he could even grab the frog for a Seismic Toss.

"Yes!" Gold cheered and hugged his Politoed, both of them soaking wet but laughing nonetheless. Gold had to push the wet bangs from his face, his beautiful smile showing through.

Green shook the thought from his head, "Charizard return! Go Machamp!" Green tossed out the man-like Pokémon which flexed when it appeared on the battlefield to show its strength.

"I can't lose."

Both trainers continued to fight, giving it their all, and now each of them were at their last Pokemon. On Green's side, Scizor stood strong and ready battle. On Gold's side Typhlosion gave a hiss as its neck burst into flames for intimidation.