Gracefulshipping

This oneshot was requested by florafastbunny

Author's Note: Hey guys, it's been a really long time. Due to my schedule and the fact that I'm working on several other writing projects I've found it very hard to complete requests. Due to this I think I'm going to close requests, I had a couple drafts for some of the requests, not revised or anything and im going to post those, but after that I am going to go ahead and cancel most requests.
I'm really sorry if you requested something and it didnt get done :(

-----------------------
Smothering. That's what she had told him. He was smothering her and she needed out.

Wallace felt guilty about it, Winona had told him that he was too much, when he had so much more love to give. However he understood her view, he just wished he had done something different.

He stared into his coffee cup, swirling the liquid around inside. It had been a year, and he still hadnt quite gotten over it.

It's not like he moped about it every day, he still had a life to live, but every now and then the thought came back to haunt him. He wished that she was here.

She had seemingly moved on immediately and although she didnt date anyone else, he knew she probably wasnt coming back. If only he hadnt been so foolish.

If he was honest he hadnt even seen her much since their breakup. A couple glances in the college hallways, a couple recognitions on the street. Never any conversations though.

"Still beat up about it?" Wallace's friend, Steven, passed by his table, he worked at the coffee shop.

"Hmm?" Wallace hummed, not looking up from his cup for a moment, "Oh I'm fine, I dont need a refill." He was very clearly still hung up on the subject.

Steven sighed, leaving him, there was nothing he could do anyway. Unless...

...

Wallace sighed again, before standing up. He drank the entire cup of coffee in one go, before he left for school. He didnt have time to be worrying about what couldve been.

As he left he bumped into someone, and they dropped their wallet. Of course Wallace bent down to pick it up.

"I'm very sorry ma'am," he started, before looking back up to her.

His eyes caught with the intense gaze of a girl he knew very well, "Winona..."

"Thank you sir, but how do you know my-" she looked up at him too as she took her wallet, "Wallace."

There was a moment of blank for them as they both stared. Wallace gulped at the tension, and he was pretty sure Steven was in the back laughing at him.

"I uh," Winona broke the silence, "You're in astronomy class are you not? I've been looking for someone to study with."

She didnt make eye contact, and Wallace smiled.

"Yes I am, and I would love to," he nodded.