Greyskyshipping

Hey guys, I want to say thank you to everyone who has requested. I've been feeling a bit stressed lately and writing these chapters for you guys really helps take some weight off.

The idea for this chapter came directly from the ship name, and I want to say sorry if it's a little angst lol.

This chapter was requested by PHOENIXsunDOWN

Enjoy.

The sky is blue.

Apples are red. Grass is green. Leaves turn yellow and brown in the fall. It was common knowledge. Colors were everywhere.

But they always seemed to be just beyond Kyouhei's grasp.

The sky was varying grays, apples were gray, grass is gray, leaves turned from one gray to another in fall. Nothing stood out, nothing was beautiful. Nothing was different.

It wasn't like there wasn't a shred of hope though. When a person found their soul mate they started to see color when they fell in love, which was weird to Kyouhei. Why did he have to share it with someone? Something he had been deprived of his entire life, could only be given to him if he shared it.

Not only that, but Kyouhei was sixteen and he hadn't even met his soul mate. His friend had already met hers, and he felt that now he was just lagging behind.

Everyday had the same monotone and monochromatic feel to it, like nothing mattered. He woke up, went to school, came home, went to bed. He hadn't had many friends to start with, so when they had found their others, he was left in the dust.

Kyouhei sighed, letting his train of thought drift off. He passed by the same old park, and for a moment, he wondered what colors it might've been.

As he turned the corner onto his street, a woman ran up to him, "Have you seen a boy around your age anywhere around here?" she asked, panting for breath.

"No ma'am, is he lost?" Kyouhei asked.

"Yes, he's a little taller than you, and he has blue hair. Please, contact me if you find him." she handed him a slip of paper with her phone number on it. She ran off, continuing her search while Kyouhei stood there, looking on with the number in his hands.

Kyouhei continued home, keeping a little extra lookout in case he saw the woman's son, although, he wouldn't know if he did. People, especially parents, always assumed that people could already see color. Almost as if they forgot that children were born without that quality.

Kyouhei passed up his house, making for the end of the street, stepping over the curb next to the sign that said, "DEAD END".

There was a small cliff that Kyouhei visited every now and then, whenever he wanted to clear his mind. It was a small cliff-side view overlooking the sea, it was calm, quiet, serene, but that wasn't why Kyouhei visited.

Kyouhei let his eyes wander to the seam where the sky and the water met, the distinction almost near impossible to spot. The only things that separated the two bodies were the rippling waves, and the white clouds that dotted the sky. On calm, clear days, there was no distinction at all, and Kyouhei felt himself blend with that emptiness.

Kyouhei leaned his shoulder on the tree, looking out in front of him, losing himself in the calm waves.

"Hey, you just gonna stand there, or are you gonna say something?" a gruff, unfriendly voice sounded from somewhere nearby. Kyouhei jolted, looking towards the source of the sound, only to find a boy sitting against the tree, arms cross, looking directly at him.

Kyouhei jumped back a little in surprise, "Sorry, didn't see you there." he settled back in on the tree, his eyes fixed on the boy, but the boy's eyes looked distant.