Kalosshipping

This chapter was requested by JaciSerigala

Enjoy.

"Have you guys heard the legends about these woods?" Trevor asked as he navigated the crew through the dense forest. For the first time in a while, the crew had decided to take a trip together, opting on a little adventuring since they had spent most of their journey apart.

"No, what is it?" Tierno asked curiously.

Little did they know, Calem, who was in the back of the group, was trying his best not to listen. He could already tell where this was going, and he wanted no part of it.

He was usually all about legends and lore, but he knew this was heading south fast.

"Legends tell of a lost soul..." Trevor started off, his voice didn't have a particular sound to it, he was a very literal person, so he was just telling the story as it was. Even so, Calem couldn't handle scary stories, especially when they were about a place he was currently visiting like today.

He had already thought that the woods were dark enough, it wasn't even sundown yet, but the fact that this place had haunted history behind it didn't help at all.

"The soul belongs to a little boy who entered these woods years ago, he just wanted to play." Trevor continued, and no matter how hard Calem tried, he couldn't block it out.

"Since when do you tell spooky stories Trevor?" Shauna asked, he could tell that she seemed a little spooked too, but not quite as much as himself.

"This one piqued my interest to tell you the truth. It doesn't seem like a huge hoax like usual, there seems to be some truth behind it." he sounded excited, but for Calem that was the last thing he wanted to hear.

"Well, the child wanted to play of course and he heard giggling in the forest, so he decided to check it out. But while he was in there, he soon got turned around, he couldn't remember where he had come from, or where he had been." Calem began to sweat nervously as the story went on.

"Hey, are you okay there, Calem?" Calem jumped when he felt a hand rest itself on his shoulder, and was relieved to see it had just been Serena.

"Of course! I'm fine, no need to worry. I'll just stick back here for a while, you go on ahead." he sent her a fake smile and chuckled nervously. He saw her hesitate and send him a wary glance, but she complied and joined up with Shauna.

To his dismay, Trevor's story wasn't over.

"Not knowing how to get back, the boy wept and cried for his parents in the woods, for days on end. Then he heard the giggling again. This time, he followed it again, but what he found wasn't another child that could help him home." he didn't like where this was going.

"There, before him, was the ghost of another child, calling him further into the woods. And with nowhere to go, he followed. The child was never heard from again." Trevor concluded.

"Wow that was a scary story!" Shauna commented and Serena agreed.

"That was decades ago, wasn't it? His family is long gone now." Tierno put in, and Calem felt a little better, maybe it was gone by now.

"Yeah, but I've heard from other travelers that sometimes you can still hear a voice crying in the forest. And if you listen even closer, some giggling too." and those better feelings were gone.

Everyone sounded so enthused, Calem felt embarrassed at the fact that a small story like that made his blood run cold, but he couldn't stand them. Scary stories, movies, anything scary.