Originalshipping

I wanted to get in on the whole Mermay thing going on since it's been all over tumblr so heres a Mermaid!Green fanfic.

Shy Green is something that everyone needs.

Also, while I was writing this I was imagining what his tail would look like, and I swear I always aggressively wish for fanart but I'm always too lazy to sit down and make it myself. Oops. I'm better at writing than drawing anyway lol

This chapter was requested by Parkkrys

Enjoy!

"Ow what the hell?" Green hissed under his breath as he held his side. A Mako Shark had swum by and its tail had slammed into his ribcage. He lifted his hand to see a small cloud of red pour out of a wound.

"That's not good." He gasped putting his hand back over the wound. The last thing he needed was to be in the middle of a shark frenzy. He sat there for a moment, judging the distance between himself and the rest of the MerPeople, his breathing was becoming abnormal.

His sonar reached out, he had been swimming a lot longer than he thought he had. His school was on the edge of his senses. He needed to leave, and soon before more sharks caught a whiff of his blood, but he may already be too late for that.

Sharks didnt often get a chance at MerPeople, they tended to be a very careful species, but everyone knew that when sharks frenzied there was no stopping it.

'Yellow!' He called out through his sonar, 'Blue!'

No one responded, he must be too far away. He felt the threatening presence of more sharks riding up on him. He flipped his tail and made a run for it away from where the sharks were. His head was getting dizzy though from the blood loss.

He turned to check behind himself and lo and behold, three sharks were rushing towards him at shocking speeds.

"Why did it have to be Mako?" He asked himself. He could outrun the other sharks, but it wouldn't take long for a Mako to catch up to him, especially in his weakened state.

When he turned back around he felt his arms tangle and grab in what looked like a fishing net.

"Dammit!" He wrestled with the net to no avail. It wrapped around his arms and his tail effectively trapping him. The adrenaline pumping through him fueled his desperation as he flapped his tail and dug into the net with his arms.

"Damn humans!"

Just then he felt a blunt object slam into the back of his head, likely the tail of a Mako, knocking him out cold.

Next thing he knew, he had awoken to a sharp pain in his ribs, his skin burned, his eyes had to squint in the bright light, and he felt dry, really dry.

He sat up as best he could, he was on solid ground which that alone wasn't a good omen. If he were in the water, bottom feeders would have likely picked him apart by now.

But he wasn't in the water, which might've been worse. Every now and then he felt a wave lap at his skin, rocks on all sides jabbed into him, one especially sharp one poked his ribs.

...

His attempts at sitting up failed, he didn't often find himself on land as it were. He heaved a huge breath, he could breathe air, but it was a lot harder than breathing in water. He found that if he laid just right, the water washed over his face, keeping him hydrated.

As the heat bored down on him, his vision faded, he was tired, he couldnt will himself to sit up. Was this the end?

His eyes closed slowly as he fell into darkness once again.