Preciousmetalshipping

Sorry this took so long guys, over the past couple of days I had quite a few assignments stacked up all at once.

Here's the next chapter though! So I'm hoping to pick up some momentum again with the updates

This chapter is the second part to the Felis and Canid preciousmetal chapter I wrote a couple chapters ago

This chapter was requested by Eftelingfan

Enjoy.
---------------------------

"Wait! You cant leave me!" Silver felt Gold tugged on his shirt desperately. He hated seeing the boy this terrified, and he didn't want to leave him so soon, but he had to. It was to save him.

"I'll find you. Now go!" He pulled Gold in for a kiss before urging the horse to run. He felt a ping of guilt leaving the Felis Prince, but he couldn't look back now. He had to draw the attention of the guards.

When he reached the border that crossed over into the land that was owned by neither the Felis nor the Canids, he heard the horses that the Canids rode on begin to stop.

He charge full speed ahead though, putting as much distance between them as he could. Gold likely headed for the border as well. He would search for him at nightfall.

The wait was killing him. He wanted to see Gold, he wanted to make sure he was safe, but he knew that until it was nigh high time, neither of them would be as the forest would be crawling with dogs looking for them.

Finally the sky turned dark.

"Gold? Gold!" Silver shouted in the forest as he trudged along, careful not to be too loud. Gold should have gotten away, but where was he?

He sat down for a moment, fear prickling his skin at the though of the Felis boy being captured. Maybe he went home, although Silver doubted that.

"Silver!" The boy heard a voice and looked up to find the familiar warm eyes of Gold staring down on him from up on the tree.

Gold jumped down from the tree, landing with a thud. He reached out and pulled Silver to him.

"We made it! I'm so glad you're here!" Gold nuzzled into Silver's hair, his tail twitching with delight. Silver felt his heart beat a little faster.

Silver grabbed Gold's arm, there was no time to waste, they had to make it back beyond their borders if they were going to be safe. Canid's had great noses, and if they stayed too long they'd be found.

He ran for the border forest so they could escape, Gold now running full speed with him, feeling his need to rush. They could catch up and rest easy together later, they had to make sure there would be a later first.

Gold and Silver had finally made it, both of them almost immediately dropping to the ground, heaving with exertion. Silver had propped himself up on a large rock, and soon Gold followed leaning over onto the Canid's shoulder.

Silver looked down at him, a warmth passing through him that he had never experienced in all his days in the Canid city of Lupus. Those empty streets held nothing but pain for him.

"Why do you trust me? After what I did to you I wouldn't blame you if you didn't." He asked, his breath finally returning to him.

"You came to save me didn't you? I think that's reason enough." He stated, "Besides, you told me yourself that you could control this, " he motioned to Silver's tail that was lightly wagging, "I don't think all of those times we shared were fake."

Silver felt his heart swell and he leaned down to kiss Gold's head while they sat there. A comfortable silence ensued. Silver began to rake his fingers through Gold's hair, the other almost purring in response. Silver had to hold back a laugh.