Malasadashipping

I'm really tired but I felt like writing a oneshot for this ship since it's my favorite Alolan ship. I know it's probably mediocre af, but again I'm really tired. I'll probably write a better, maybe longer oneshot of this pairing in the future.

Pairing: Hau x Moon

Game: Pokémon Sun and Moon

Enjoy.

Moon sat on a ledge, humming happily, wind blowing in her hair as she looked out over the calm sea. So much had changed since she first arrived in Alola. She thought back.

You know that feeling you get when you're in a new place? The rush of emotions that come over you? The fear, the excitement, the joy, the sorrow. It all comes in waves, and that's exactly how Moon had felt.

She had arrived in the new region from her home in Kanto. It was her first time being out of region, let alone having to live there. Kanto was pretty far north compared to Alola. Not as far north as Sinnoh, but still northern enough to get a decent amount of snow in the winter.

It was the middle of winter in Kanto, but when she had stepped off the boat, the suns rays beat down relentlessly. She recalled having to help her mother bring the boxes into their new home.

So many things bombarded her, she had heard great things and not so great things about the region. Alola was beautiful, and the people were nice, but it was unsettlingly hot and she had heard that a group called Team Skull had been making appearances here and there.

Kanto had problems with their own villainous group once upon a time, but that was long before she had been born.

It wasn't all to bad though, she recalled. Her first day there and she had already met her first friend.

Jumping back into reality from her reminiscing when something poked her shoulder, she looked back to see her green-haired companion smiling down at her, "Alola Moon, howzit going?" the boy waved at Moon happily.

She smiled and he sat down next to her, setting down the bag he was carrying, "I'm just remembering the day I first came to Alola." she said, casting her gaze over the ocean again, she knew Kanto was out in that direction somewhere, "Do you remember, Hau?"

Hau perked up at her question, "Of course! How could I forget?" he said, his voice shifting as he noticed her gaze. "Moon, are you okay?" He asked concerned, he couldn't imagine how painful it would be to leave behind everything he knew, nevertheless having someone else leave him behind.

Lillie had left for Kanto on her own, and that stung Hau enough, he hadn't even known her all that well. So he couldn't imagine having Moon leave him too.

"Are you thinking about Kanto?" he asked, shifting closer.

She nodded, not responding with words, but her nod was enough.

"I don't think I have room to say this, but I think your old friends would want you to be happy. Just know that there's a lot of people here in Alola who are here to support you. There's Gladion, your mom, the Professor and his wife, Hala... me. We're all here for you if you need us." Hau said drawing Moon into a hug, this is the most serious he's ever been, and to be honest it shocked Moon.

She hugged him back and thought back to the moment she met him. He insantaniously regarded her as a friend and rival and was always there to help her out. She can remember how happy he was when he first showed her the Malasada shop too in Hau'Oli. She chuckled against Hau's chest and he loosened his hug to look at her.

What was she thinking? Kanto wasn't her home, Alola was. To be honest, there weren't many other kids her age in Kanto, so she rarely ever got to have actual friends. She was being homesick for the wrong home.

"Thanks Hau, but I would never think of leaving behind my home in Alola. Beside, I've got a title to uphold." she said haughtily smiling up at the boy.

He laughed and hugged her tighter, "That's great to hear!" he smiled, back to his usual Hau self.

"Come to think of it though, you can help me with something, Hau." she looked down, taking on a more somber tone. His face grew serious and she leaned closer, "What is it?" he asked with genuine concern practically wafting off of him.

She almost felt bad for what she was about to do. Almost.

Moon leap up onto him, pushing him over so they were face to face. Hau looked surprised, and Moon took this chance to look him directly in the eyes, "I am a bit hungry, and I think you can help." she said licking her lips.

After a second of processing, Hau's face went a dark shade of red, "W-what are- I um." he stuttered, and it made her chuckle to see him flustered, he was pretty dense and to see something like this get him frazzled was hilarious.

She shifted her weight, lifting one hand up to touch his face. His closed his eyes really tight. That's just what she was hoping he'd do.

Hau felt her hand leave his face and he was practically holding his breath. He started to hear the crinkling sound of paper when he opened his eyes.

Moon smiled down at him, her eyes mischievously gleaming. Well, smiled the best she could through the malasada she had in her mouth. Hau looked at her in utter confusion as she rolled over off of him, taking out the Malasada so she could laugh.

She loved this boy. He was so easy to tease. His naivety and innocent self made it practically impossible not to. His shifting gaze catching hers as he tried to process everything. Why had she even thought about what it would be like to return to Kanto? Why, when her favorite person in the world was right here in Alola with her, sitting next to her, laughing with her, being with her?

"How did you know that's what was in the bag?" he asked. She shot him a sarcastic glance, "Hau, when do you ever NOT have malasadas with you." she giggled some more. "Hey!" he said, pouting at her.

"What did you think I was going to do?" she asked with her mouth full, looking over at him. His face flushed again, "How was I supposed to know?!" he shouted.

They both went quiet, the silence between them deafening, until they both burst out laughing.

Hau looked at Moon mischievously after she took another bite, she raised a brow when he took her wrist in his hand. He leaned over and took a bite out of the malasada she had been eating, right over the spot she had just bitten into.

Moon felt her face get hot as Hau began to laugh, "Payback!" he fell on his back, rolling with laughter. Until Moon leaned over and planted a kiss on his lips.

"I think I win. There's a reason why I'm the champ." she snickered eating the rest of her malasada. Hau was left dazed after what had just happened. She leaned over him, using one hand to keep her hair out of here eyes, "I'm not gonna leave you.

Alola was her home. He was her home. Both brought her that beautiful light and warmth of familiarity.

She looked out over the sea again, only to turn back and look over her beautiful island home. She felt Hau settle beside her, his arm wrapping around her shoulder.

And there's no other way she'd rather have it.