The begining of an unknown adventure

Chapter 1

Location: S.H.I.E.L.D Helicarrier

17:00 hours

3 days before the attack on the tesseract

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here you are." I say, handing over a classified folder full of battle attacks and strategies to an agent. All of which I planned out and created my self. The General of the Army seems to think they work out the best. And constantly reminds S.H.I.E.L.D that I am most likely the smartest person here.

"Thank you, Agent Warren. I will get these to the general right away."

I nod at the Level 6 agent, who is taller than me, as he runs off to fore fill his task. It is nice, knowing that all of S.H.I.E.L.D. knows your name. And most of them know to not pass you up twice or look you in the eye.

I begin to walk down the blank corridor. Agents rushing past me in a hurry. I don't blame them. Most of them are level 6 or below. We are about to depart, meaning they have to get off. In a days time, the new Helicarrier will be a strict Level 7 area.

I hold up my I.D and take a right into a blank, restricted access corridor. Walking past doors with secrets that could bring down the world. I don't know some of them. Some not even Barton or Romanoff know about.

I open the door in front of me, stepping out into the cool evening air. Everything was at peace. Suddenly a door near me bursts open and agents pile out. I sigh and start walking towards the landing field, waiting for the Quin-jet. My pocket started to vibrate.

"Hello?"

"Hows it going back at Base 1, Ash?"

"Its going great, Coulson. Were almost cleared out."

"That's good. How is your heart rate? Your battery power? Are there any visible signs of poisoning?"

"My heart rate is steady. Battery power at 98% and no signs of poisoning." I say, looking at the data screen I pulled out.

"Good. Listen, I've got to get back. Have fun on your vacation and make sure your AR stays lit."

"I will. Stop being such a worry rat and have fun at whatever Fury has you doing. Tell Hill I said Hello."

"Of course. And I'm just worried."

"I know. Warren out."

"Coulson out."

I closed the work phone and put it back into my pocket. Then I looked back down towards my chest; Where a faint outline of a star was viable. The day I found it went by very quickly.

*LE FLASHBACK*

I am never wearing my uniform to school again, I think to myself as I enter the control room. I am currently at S.H.I.E.L.D base 5. Location- classified.

"Hello, Agent Coulson." I say as I enter the room, having already put my bags away.

"Oh. Hello, Agent Warren."

I unzip the jacket I wore to school and take it off.

"Phil, Why is my chest glowing?" I asked, trying to stay calm. Looking closer, it was right over my heart, in the shape of a.....star?

He murmured something that sounded similar to 'so that's what he did' and turned to me.

"Ash, come with me. Were going on a little flight."

**Magical time skip in a flashback**

"Umm...Coulson? Why are we at Stark Industries?" I ask, sitting on the edge of a table.

"As much as I hate telling you this, that's classified. Stark has already been somewhat briefed, so just tell him that you don't know what that-" he gestured to the glowing object in my chest "-is. I have to go. Good luck."

And with that, he left. I wasn't alone for long though. About 5 minutes later, the 'amazing' Tony Stark walked in. Holding a glass of vodka. He took a swing of it before a mechanical arm took it away. The glass was replaced by a touch screen tablet.

"So, Fury said you needed my help." He stated, looking at the screen.

I raised an eyebrow. "Fury told you that?"

"He briefed me and told me you were confused if you want it in his words." He replied, looking up from the tablet.

I nodded and pointed to the VERY noticeable star in my chest.

"That," Stark said after a moment, "Is an Arc Reactor. Don't know why you have one- or why its in the shape of a star, but its there. But it looks Ok. I mean, you don't hold any signs of poisoning."

I sighed in relief. "That's good, though I doubt Fury will give any information on it. Or as to what it is for."

"True." He paused for a moment. "You are an agent, right? I won't give out any information or anything."

"Yes," I tell him, "Agent Astrid Warren of S.H.I.E.L.D. But, you can call me Ash."

He looks at the screen, then back to me. "You know, you're pretty cool for a kid. Have you ever heard of the Quantum effect of metal?"

I shook my head.

"Well then, follow me."

*LE END OF FLASHBACK*

Stark and I have been good-friends-slash-science-buddies since. I even found out a few more things with his help. I have repulser blasters hidden in my hands that can shoot. (But I can't fly. There only in my hands). I also have a holographic mode. When I am in this mode, I can see things and hear JARVIS, as if I had on a helmet from one of the suits Stark made me. Only, my eyes turn electric blue whenever this happens.

A sound of an engine brings me out of my thoughts. I take one last look at my data screen before putting it away and heading for the ship. I climbed on, relived to see my pre-packed duffle.

"Where to, Agent Warren?"

I smiled. "Germany. Stuttgart, Germany."

A/N Bam! Chapter one, done. I am trying to make my chapters longer. Now that that's done, I am going to go get a snack. Peace out!

~Dusk