This is only the beggining

Chapter 8

I walk back to the control room next to Coulson. He has an amused smirk while I am wearing a triumphant smile. Looking at the table and control panels, I notice that the only person I knew was Maria. I also noticed that none of the agents would look at me.

"Set us on the trail for course 298. Stay hidden, people." She directed, walking toward us. A questionable look is noticeable as she looks down at me.

"Are you Ok? I saw what happened earlier, but Phil insisted on going after you." Hill pointed at him accusingly. I covered up a small laugh with a cough.

"Yea. I'm fine. It was all just really sudden. But I am fine now, seriously."

"I believe you. Why don't you head to the lab? Stark and Banner are there. They could use the help of a genius."

I chuckled and nodded, fully knowing that Hill and Coulson wanted to chat. I walked out the door into a blank corridor. They get old after a while. As I walked, I got some side looks from other agents. Never for long and full of fear. Not like I cared. I accepted the fact that I am dangerous.

I got to the door of the lab and placed my hand on the lock. I took a deep breath and pressed the button. The door hissed open. I walked in. Stark looked up from his work.

"Mini Stark! There you are. I was wondering why you were running earlier, but Bruce here filled me in."

I smiled a bit. "I guess he did." Banner looks up and gives me an apologetic smile as I walk a little more into the room.

"I'm sorry about what happened. I know what is like. Trying to hold the other one in. The difficulty of not letting them out."

"Its fine, I only acted like that because of the way it was received. To suddenly find out that you have been living a lie for who knows how long. The only thing I am confused on is about the difficulty of not letting them out." Stark looked at Banner, then back at me.

"Is it about her hair turning green?" I sat on the edge of a table and tilted my head. I was confuzzled.

"We thought you knew," Banner said, slightly uncomfortable, "When you started yelling at Fury, when your emotions went insane, your hair changed. It turned a dark green and your pupils became big. Your eyes darker."

I thought about it, going over to a screen Banner was at.

"By what you told me, I kind of think that if I get mad enough or if my emotions become jumbled together, my hair and eyes will change. But I don't get any strength or transform. Its more of a fear factor thing. Pretty cool. Oh, and Banner? This equation has an error in it."

"Alright, that is different. And what is the error?"

Tony also jumped in. "Well, you are taking this well."

"First, I learned to accept this, because I can't change it. Its a part of me now. Second, this is supposed to be a=3m5, not a=5m8."

He nods an applies the changes. The entire equation changes and gives a better result.

"Mini Stark, get over here and help me now."

-----Banner's Lab, Night-----

Stark and I are looking at screens, rearranging and solving different equations and algorithms. Banner is running a hand- held detector over Loki's scepter.

"The gamma readings are defiantly consistent with Selvig's reports on the tessaract. But its going to take weeks to process."

"What if we bypass their mainframe and direct a reroute to the Homer Cluster?" I suggest. Stark nods.