Revenge is best served when not dying

Chapter 15

I bolt up to a sitting position, breathing heavily. My eyes are wide and darting around franticly, not being able to focus. Cool marble flooring is felt underneath my hands.

Wait a second. Marble? Were the heck am I?

My eyes finally refocusing, I start to see designs. Everything was white and gold, with high ceilings and tons of light. Everything was fancy and elegant. I stand and look around the room. High doors on one end. A chair that looks like a throne on the other.

"Am I dead?" I call out into the room.

"You are not, my dear. Otherwise, how could you see this?" I jump, not expecting an answer. I spin around, seeing a man standing a few feet away. He had on armor that seemed familiar, and was wearing a gold eye-patch.

"Then were am I? What dimension? And why did you call me dear?"

"Surely you know who I am. Think, Astrid." I stare at him for a moment.

"Allfather?" I whisper.

"Am I on Asguard?" I ask, getting a little louder.

"Yes, my child. But you may call me Odin."

"Why do you keep calling me things like child and dear?" I ask. He walks over and sits on his throne.

"I have known about you, Astrid. About your powers before you got them. A small portion of those come from my sons. I have also blessed you with powers and abilities of Asguardians. Astrid, you are my adopted daughter, considering that you still have parents on Earth. My child, you are a Princess of Asguard."

"What?" I ask.

"There is not that much time to explain." Another voice calls. Frigga steps out from the shadows. "You are consciously here, through your mind. Your body is still falling through that portal. Just know that you are welcome here. Hemdall will help you when you call."

"Good luck, my daughter." Odin says.

Then all go's black.

Third Person POV

------------------

Location: New York City

-----------------

Agent Romanoff was standing at the top of Stark Tower next to Eric Selvig in the new silence. The aliens had dropped. They won.

Loki was knocked out somewhere in Stark Tower, which the sign now holds only the 'A'.

The rest of the Avengers, plus Spiderman, were crowded around Iron Man. Who was now awake and asking about shwarma.

Well, all but Spiderboy.

Everyone thought that Curse had let go of the Nuke at the last minute. Only Spiderboy knew that wasn't true. He was currently swinging on his webs through New York, trying to find her. He stopped to rest on a building after a few minutes.

Something, a light, flashed out of the cornner of his eye. He dove of the building a swung over to catch the falling figure. He held her close with one hand, gently landing and placing her down.

She only held a few scratches, and her Arc Reactor was dim. Her eyes closed.

"No, wake up. Please wake up."

Astrid's POV

-------------------------

I groan and blink my eyes open rapidly at the sudden light. I flex my hands to see that I can barely move them. The portal and going to Asguard really weakened me.

"Hey, you all right?" I look over to SB.

"Yea, feels like I just ran a marathon. Weak and tired." He chuckles and shakes his head.

"The others are surrounding Loki as we speak. Let me carry you."

"You really-" He cuts off my ranting by picking me up and taking off. I glare at him.

"You really didn't need to do that."

"And what? Have you fall in mid-air? Not going to happen." I swear, that boy was smirking underneath his mask. We landed before I could say anything. Loki starts to stir and I gather up as much energy as I can to create a ball of magic; Still leaning on SB.

"I don't think that's wise, Miss." J.A.R.V.I.S. says, starting up. "Your Arc Reactor-"

Loki's voice cuts him off. "If its all the same to you, I think I'll have my drink now."

My breathing gets shallow. Black spots start to dance in front of my vision and I start to sway. Loki smirks in my direction as everything goes black.

Again.

A/N- Sorry for the long wait, but here is the next chapter. Summer offically starts in one week. Yay!!

"We are also sad to say that there is only 3-4 chapters left. But, look out for the sequel after that!"

Vote, comment, and Follow!

~Dusk