Through Sorrow and Power- Part 2

Chapter 11 (Part 2)

I take off running down the empty corridor. Something was going to happen. Something big. But first, I had to check up on Loki. I have a feeling this attack was on his orders.

I take off in a full sprint towards his cell when I reach the detention level. Bursting through the doors, I see enough to prove I was right. The cell was gone- no doubt about it being released. Looking around the room, I stop at the wall near the control panel.

This is what the dread was for. My feet are glued to the ground and my eyes widen. No. I was seeing an illusion. This was not real. My eyesite begins to become blury. Loki steps out from the other side of the room and looks at me. His signature smirk plastered on his face. He laughs and disappears.

My eyes betray me again and tears are streaming down my face. I run towards the figure that is practically lying lifeless on the floor.

"Coulson!" I yell, collapsing on the floor beside him. He looks up at me and gives me a weak smile.

"Hey, Ash." His voice is hollow. I move the prototype weapon that we made after Thor visited the first time off his lap. I honestly had no idea where he got it, but it was weighing him down.

"Listen to me, Coulson. You're going to make it out of here. You are going to be Ok." Tears continuously run down my face.

"Ash, its already to late. I am going to be fine." He is starting to have a difficult time breathing. I hug him and sob into his shoulder, not wanting to touch the wound; In fear of hurting him.

I slowly sit back up and stare at him. My eyes widen.

"I can try and heal you! I read a spell the other day when I was waiting around for something to do!"

"No, Ash." He is having a lot more trouble talking. "We don't know how it will affect you. Besides, I am counting on you to finish this." Another tear escapes my eye.

"You're going to be there to see it. Coulson, you are going to finish this with us!"

"I'm sorry, Ash. I can't. Don't cry." I hug him again as his breathing slows.

"No. No. No." I whisper. His breathing slows to nothing. I sob harder. I may have lost people beside me in battle, but this is different. He was no ordinary soldier.

"Warren." Fury says, placing a hand on my shoulder. "The medic team is here. Its to late. I'm sorry."

I turn around to face the man, who I didn't hear come in. He opens his arms and I jump into them.

"Lets get you to the bridge so Hill can clean you up, Ok?" I nod my head and stand up with him. He takes my hand as we walk past the doors, not looking back.

-----SMALL TIME SKIP-----

Sitting in a chair that is closest to the door, I watch the rest of the agents at work.  Hill was working on trying to get our systems back up and running to full capacity. Someone who ambushed us knew our systems and hacked them, momentaraly shutting everything down. We are fine for now.

I had offered to help after Hill helped me, but she refused. Stating I needed time for everyhting to settle and I had already done enough to help. To make things worse, Thor and Banner are nowhere to be seen. It is suspected that Thor fell to Earth with the cell. Nobody knew where the Hulk was. But most people seem to think that he also fell out of the Hellicarrier.

I turn back to face the conference table. Captain is just sitting to my right, and Stark is in deep thought to my left. I can't take the silence. It just reminds me of that room a few minutes ago. Tears fill my eyes again as I look down. Staring at the small 'A' pendent hanging around my neck.