Through Sorrow and Power- Part 1

Chapter 11 (Part 1)

"Turn up that engine! Engine 3 is down!" Hill yells over the comms unit, "Turbine's loose. Mostly intact, but its impossible to get out there and make repairs while we're in the air."

Not for me, it isn't. I quickly stop; looking around the bare corridor. No agents. It doesn't surprise me. I assume most of them are on the bridge. I take a deep breath and hold my hands in front of me. Closing my eyes, I mutter a spell under my breath.

I finish the spell and open my eyes; To see a glowing black circle-ish outline around my hands. They dim and my arms lower. Looking at the floor in front of me, I smirk. There is a black glowing circle. I jump through it.

Rising out of the disappearing portal, my feet come down onto the now stable metal platform. The fierce wind was whipping my ponytail into my face. Looking at the engine, I see that it is in better shape than I thought it was. I am shaken out of my thoughts by pounding footsteps drawing closer. I look up to see Captain.

"Stark, I'm here. And so is Warren."

Stark- in his suit-  flies up beside the damaged engine.

"Good, lets see what we've got." His voice rings over the comms unit. He flies over to the engine and starts pulling at the rotors.

"Captain! I need you to get to that control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position. You stay where you are, Ash." Stark says, finding a way to the turbines. I sigh as Captain jumps over a gap to the other side. He rips the control panel out of the wall and stares at it.

"What's it look like in there?" Stark asks. I jump up and start to levitate, fearing the platform will give out.

"It seems to run on some form of electricity."

"Well," I say, flying over to Captain, "You're not wrong." I land and mess around with the wires. Finishing my work, I nod.

"The relays are intact. What's our next move?" He asks.

"Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm going to have to get in there and push."

"Well, if that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded." Way to point out the obvious, Cap.

"Astrid! Get inside the Hellicarrier, no arguments." I groan at Starks orders, but do what he says. I make a portal and jump into it. Re- appearing in a hallway, I hear gunshots and explosions.

That's when the feeling of dread sits in.

That's when I knew it.

Something was going to happen.

A/N- Hey Shadows! I'm back!

"So am I! Don't forget about the star here. "

But I left you at home! You didn't even- Nevermind. But anyway, sorry for the short chapter. They will get longer soon. I just have to update The End: Minecraft's fall, and Accidental Evil on my collab account.

"But, the next update will be on Friday or Saturday."

Promise. So-

"Vote, Comment, and Follow!"

~Dusk