Finding Out

Chapter 5

We landed and the boys, plus Loki, got on. I made sure Nat was Ok at the controls after we took off, then headed into the back. You could tell the mood of its inhabitants. The tension was so thick that I could of cut it with a butter knife. It was a little unnerving. I kept my eyes to the ground.

*Beep....Beep.....Beep*

The small communications area we had started going off. Everyone stared at me as I rushed over and jumped into the seat, slipping the headset on. I hit a series of buttons and I heard static.

"Base 1 to Quin-jet 385." A voice calls, breaking the static. I smile.

"Agent Hill, this is Agent Warren. We hear you."

"Ok, I don't even want to know how you got on that jet. Do you have Loki?"

"Yes, along with a few others."

"Anything?"

"Hasn't said a word."

"Just get him here. We are running low on time." Now Fury's voice sounds.

"Yes, sir." I say and slide the headset off. I hit a button, disconnecting us. I stand up and turn around. Everyone was still staring with expectant eyes. Except Nat. But I didn't have to see her to know that she never heard a thing.

"There waiting for us."

*Magical time skip*

The jet landed and I walked off, weaving in and out of guards for a few seconds. Once out of that jungle, I headed across the open ground and walked inside. I needed to get away from the 'team' and think. A dozen questions were going through my head as I walked down blank coridoors that I had memorized.

Why was Loki here? What was the tesseract? Why was I never informed about Captain? Is something going to happen that involves my heart rate? And the one that concerned me the most, what was that shield, replica of Captain's, doing on my arm? How did it get there? It was like it came from mid air.

I turn a corner, lost in my thoughts. What is happening to me? What if-

*Ring....Ring.....Ring*

"Hello?" I say as I pick up the phone. I here an exited voice at the end of the line.

"Hey, Astrid! You will never believe what I have right now! The readings on my old equipment are going insane! This hasn't happened since-"

I cut her off, going through the doors of the control room. "I know, I know. You haven't had readings like this since him. You don't stop talking about him."

"I know. Now, I'm not really sure were the readings are coming from but when I do, I will go-"

"No," I tell her, "You are not going to leave that safe house something is happening and you need to remain safe." I start to get some glances, but long looks from the 'team' and Coulson.

"Fine, mother." She replies sarcasticly.

"By the way, you readings are right. He is here on Earth." Thor stares at me, knowing I am talking about him.

Alarms start to blare a siren, telling what type of code emergency is happening. "He is?!"

"Yea, but I will have to tell you more later, Jane. We are having a Code White." I end the call and quickly put the phone in my pocket, running to the main computers where Fury normally stands. The alarms stop.

"Which way are we headed?" The agent at the wheel asks.

"North," I reply, looking at the screens and tapping them.

"Warren," Maria calls, "We are at high altitude."

I nod my head. "Ok, people. You know what to do. Lets disappear."

Everyone starts scrambling at there work. I turn around and walk over to the conference table.

"Looks like you have them under control," a man with slightly curly black hair says.

"That tends to happen when they some what fear you. For no known reason." I walk up to him.

"Agent Astrid Warren."

"Bruce Banner." He says, reaching his hand out. I shake it and turn to Coulson.

"Sit down, Ash. Fury is about to start the interrogation." I nod my head and walk over to the head of the table and sit down. He comes over and takes a look at my Data screen, which I had exchanged my Dog Tags for.

"Ash, what have I told you about keeping your heart rate down?" He scolds.

"I know, I know. But, it would help if I knew why I had to watch it." He sighs and walks over to a computer screen. Something is going on, something classified. A screen is pulled up and Fury is shown on it. A trapped Loki in a glass container.

"Incase its unclear, you try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass," Fury states. He presses a button that opens up a drop underneath the cell. Loki looks, as much as he can, Downwards.

"A thousand feet. Straight down in a steel trap. Get how that works?" Fury yells over the wind. He closes the hatch and gestures towards Loki. "Ant."

He then gestures toward the button on the control panel. "Boot."

Loki smirks. "Its an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Its built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury counters.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki says, smirking into the camera. I glance up at Banner. He tenses up, but doesn't really let it get to him. If it does, he doesn't show it. I look back down.

"A mindless beast," Loki says, "makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?" Fury begins, "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause its fun.

You have made me very desperate. And you might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close." Loki says, "To have the tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what. A warm light for all of mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury smiles. "Well, you let me know if real power wants a magazine or something."

Loki smirks and the screen goes black.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Banner asks. Captain starts to say something, but I am distracted by a file being placed down in front of me. I look up to see an agent walking away.

 I stand up and walk behind my chair, not wanting anyone else to see the file. Why? Because no one else got one. I didn't mind. I got stuff like this all the time. I opened it up.

I was falling. The world beside me was fading away, crumbling. I tried to speak, but it only came out as a whisper.

"No."

A/N And Cliff hanger!

"Wow. That's how you're going to end a chapter?"

Yes, now this is my story so I write it how I want to.

"But it is about my life."

Don't care. But anyway, I bet you are a little confused. Let me explain. A-

"A Code White is were I get to sort of take over Fury's position for a short amount of time. It is a lot of fun, until an Agent doesn't know were West is."

Thank you for that amazing explanation, Ash. Thank you for your comments and votes. And Anyone who reads these A/Ns!

"Comment and Vote!"

~Dusk