Downtown

It was another night downtown on the streets... I was another orphan looking for food and the adoption center wouldn't even take me in! It was tough, my parents left when I was a baby and left me at my Aunts house. She got drunk almost every night so I ran away. She would curse in my face when I would skip school.

I mean I understand why she was mad, but she didn't have to go cussing crazy.... My name is Autumn by the way. Autumn Clyde. Anyways, I had no social life. Everyone would just pass by me on the streets and stare at my skinny body and knotted dark brown hair. My eyes, which were a very light blue. It looked like I had some sort of contact in because they were so bright.

All the clothes I had were some old ones my Aunt had gotten from me. They were sporty type shorts and shirt. My socks were long, basketball, bright socks. I had one glove that showed my fingers, but it kept my palm warm at least. The only way I could get food was from a shelter or trash cans.

My attitude was weird at times. Sometimes I had break outs of anger from thinking about my Aunt and parents. Why would they do that? It just occurred often from time to time. Every night I would find a bench or box (if it was big enough, which didn't occur often...) to sleep on.

One night, I was walking down the streets I heard music playing... Usual parties in Los Angeles. I walked past it, until I saw people started coming out. Drunk. Honestly I hated drunk people so much because they had no sense and were just plain stupid. I have even smelled alcohol before and almost drank it... But I didn't because the smell was awful.

I sat down on a bench in front of the building rubbing my hands together keeping me warm. I looked beside me and saw a full bottle of water... Not even opened!

"Don't mind if I do...."

I said out loud, kind of murmuring.

I took a drink of the surprisingly cold drink. It tasted fresh and cold like water from a fresh spring. Then a voice suddenly shocked me and I almost spit my water out on them.

"My friend spit in that!"

A man with shaggy brown hair and deep blue eyes said to me urgently.

"Huh? It tastes fine..."

"You sure uh kid?"

"Yea. I'm pretty sure."

I said rolling my eyes.

"Alright whatever."

"Who are you?"

"You don't know me?"

"Umm no? Am I supposed to?"

"Well I'm Mark. From Foster the People."

What the heck was Foster the People?

I said in my thoughts.

"Hmm not ringing a bell."

I said tapping my finger on my chin staring at the ground.

"Alright then. Well you look like you need your parents. Where are they?"

"I don't have anyone sir..."

"Don't call me sir. Just Mark. How come you don't have any parents?"

He had quite a big ego.

"Alright... Mark. They left me, so I'm out on the streets."

"Oh. Well can I help you?"

"Not really unless you want me to live with you."

"Uh no."

"That's what I thought."

His friend came out of the building intoxicated and wobbling around. I saw him fall over a couple times... Falling on a car.