It's Been So Long

*AUTUMNS P.O.V*

The doctor came through the door in the morning. He was examining me, and the room. Nothing hurt anymore. All that I could feel was a little bit of sharpness in my stomach. My arms were finally moveable, so were my legs thank goodness. The doctor checked my blood pressure, pulse, and my height and weight when I finally got up.

"You are looking in great condition! I think you could possibly go home. Do you feel like it?" He smiled and patted my hand.

"Oh yea! I wanna go home like now!" We both laughed and smiled. He gave me some orange juice and some saltine crackers.

"Well, someone needs to pick you up now don't they?" The doctor patted my leg and stood up.

"Yea I'll call whoever..." I trailed off, looking down at my phone. The doctor shook his head and gave me a rather pejorative look.

"You need to call your guardian. Would it be that young man that visited you the first day you were in. Or the NFL player brother all the nurses talk about?" He laughed and paced around the room. I stood up and took in a deep breath of air. My stomach wasn't used to me standing up and putting the weight on it. The doctor helped me up and gave me a little cane.

"A cane?" I said leaning onto it.

"Yes, you'll absolutely need it. Oh, and whom should I call?" He was holding the phone, looking at some papers on the counter.

"Call um..." I thought and thought. Who really loves me? Who would be that guy that I know would do anything for me? Help me when I needed it... Took care of me when I'm sick? Be there all the time for me?

"I don't have all day honey." He chuckled and kept staring at me.

"Just call... Zack I guess." I looked at the floor and shook my head. He would be in town by now. Zack's deep voice answered the phone to the doctor. I listened until he hung up.

"He said he'll be here in about 30 minutes! So just hang tight and gather all of your stuff." He smiled and winked at me, then walked right out through the door.

So that's it.

One choice could go as quick as a phone call. A tear came from my eye. Boy, I would REALLY miss Mark. All at once I started crying. My heart knew I wanted to be with Mark. But my mind told me about all the wrong he had done. I wasn't strong enough to know exactly how to choose. The weight grew heavier when every minute passed.

No one came after an hour... Maybe he had forgotten? Honestly I was hoping he wouldn't show up. Then a door flew open while I was looking at my phone, reading the past texts from Mark.

"Autumn!" Zack shouted and he jumped toward me. We both hugged I teared up...

"Hey." I whispered, sniffling on his shoulder.

"I am so sorry I wasn't here for you. I've been trying to get fli-"

"It's okay, I understand. I'm just glad you're here." Sorta...

"Oh Autumn we are moving immediately. I don't trust Mark anymore. Now let's go home and pack." I started crying on his shoulder more. He patted my back and he helped me up.

"No... I don't wanna move." I wiped my nose and my tears off. Looking at him eye to eye.

"You wanna stay with Mark, facing death in the face? Or move with me, with no worries?" Zack gave me a little glare and crossed his arms. My breaths became shorter as I kept staring into his cold eyes. Facing death in the face with someone I love and care about? Or with depression all the time with someone I absolutely don't want to be with? I think the choice for me is pretty clear.