Fitting In

They all walked towards me as I shot around. I caught my basketball when it bounced off the backboard. When one of them tapped me on the shoulder, I whipped around.

"Hello." Luke looked at me and took a step closer. He was super tall...

"H-hi." I said faintly under my breath as he towered over me.

"What's your name?" He smiled and backed up giving me space. The three boys behind him just smiled and dribbled the basketball around.

"It's Autumn." We kept our stance as we stood.

"That's a a cool name, you might already know my name from Sati." He smiled and smirked as he talked.

"Oh yea, it's Luke right?" I smiled and dribbled the basketball around as he kept talking to me.

"Yea, it's nice to meet you. These three guys are Jase, Matt, and DJ." I smiled and waved at them, they all waved back as they dribbled around more.

"I saw you shooting around, you're a good shot." He smiled and dribbled into the basket and shot the ball. That guy could touch the rim!

"T-thanks! You look pretty good at it too." I blushed and shot a three... Thankfully made it.

"Haha nice." The other guys walked over and smiled at me. They started shooting around with me also.

"Oh shoot!" I looked at the door and saw Sati sitting there. Luke looked at her and smiled at her as I ran over. I tripped over my shoes and fell over on the floor. She and Luke helped me up. I was laughing a lot and I dusted my self off as I got up.

"Hey! I still have my phone!" I screamed and reached down in my pocket. They both laughed at me as I scrambled to get it out. I started to call Mark. But then I hung up, I was just too scared if he wouldn't answer. So I decided just to text him.

Text:

Hey Mark. I really miss you. Even though it's been just a couple hours...

I put my phone back up and walked over to the other two.

"Did you text... Him?" She smiled at me and took a glance at Luke a couple times.

"Y-yea." I started to tear up, so I left the two of them. The basketball was still in my arms as I ran through the hallways to our room. Sati and Luke were behind me because I could hear their footsteps.

"Autumn!" Luke screamed and caught up to me. He grabbed my arm and looked at me deep into my eyes. It made me scared. He tried to smile to cheer me up. But it was just a small smirk. Nothing there to cheer me up. I slipped loose and jumped into the room. Sati came right in as soon as I plopped on the bed.

"What's wrong?!" She rubbed my back and sat on the bed where I was laying down.

"I want to go home with Mark!" I screamed into the pillow and hit my fists on it. The pillow gradually became wet from all the tears.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure he'll be back for you." She kept rubbing my back, she also teared up. I could tell because she started sniffling.

"Why would he be back for me?! I'm just an orphan he found on the streets! I'm sure he would of put me here if it weren't for all the publicity!" I started sobbing more and more and thinking about Mark. That statement was so true about him!

"But he didn't!" She hit the bed and stood up and looked at me. Her eyes were bloodshot and filled with tears.

"HE LOVES YOU! WHY WOULD HE OF KEPT YOU?!" Sati went over to her bed and laid on it.

"I-I know... But he left with out even glancing at me! Who does that?" I sat up and shoved my hands into my face.

"Him apparently, but he loves you Autumn. You gotta know that." She was sobbing lightly and shed a few tears down her cheeks. I stopped crying and made a strait face.

"Let's stop crying." I looked down at my bed and felt a vibrate in my pocket... Mark?

Text:

I also miss you. I'll be at there around afternoon tomorrow. To officially adopt you.

The tears vanished from my face and I looked over at her. She was looking through her bag.

"M-my parents died a couple weeks ago..." She sighed and looked through her bag more.

"My parents left me with my aunt..." I sighed along with her. We were scarred for the rest of our lives.

"Did you have any siblings?" That question startled me. I hadn't even thought about that! Did I have siblings?

"I-I don't know." I looked down at the floor still puzzled.

"Well you'll have Mark." She smiled and walked over to me. We grabbed hands and I showed her the text.

"See, he loves you." She slightly smiled and held my phone for a second.

"He's cool." I smiled and she gave me my phone back.

"More than cool... Hot." She laughed and fell on her bed.

"For a fan I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and chuckled.

"He is cute." I smiled and laughed along with her. We both laughed and heard a knock at the door. Someone outside said;

"Lunch Time!" We happily got up and left for the kitchen place. I got a hamburger and some fruit... Like any old school lunch. I had the guts to sit by Luke and his friends. They gladly welcomed me. Sati wasn't so sure about sitting by them. But finally I bribed her to come by giving her my orange. But I still had an apple left I guess.

"So what's up?" Luke broke the silence and looked toward us. I waved my head side to side.

"Stuff." I shrugged my shoulders and nudged him with my elbow.

"Cool, I guess." He smiled at Sati as she quietly ate her food. She looked at him and almost spit her food out.

"Hmm? What?" She quickly responded and swallowed down her food almost choking.

"Nothing." He smiled at both of us. I stood up to go throw my trash away and then quickly ran into our dorm. Perfect plan to get them alone! But then I started to get on her laptop. I made my own login account, so I can get on it now. I looked at the new music video for Coming Of Age. It was weird. But I guess it was fit for the title since it was kind of a throw back song.

"Whatcha looking at?" Sati smiled and jumped over to me. She looked happy... And very jumpy.

"Most importantly, what are you happy about?" I smiled and logged off.

"I just got asked out by Luke!" She smiled and smiled some more. Which eventually came along with hugging. I chuckled and tried to release her grasp.

"I'm.... Very... Happy for... You." I tried to breath in more but couldn't! Finally she let go of me and we both laughed. I fell on the bed gasping for air!

"Thank you!" She smiled and laid down on the bed.

"Such a great day." Sati smiled some more and eventually fell asleep on her bed. I sat on the laptop for a little while, but then got off. I walked out of the dorm room and went into the, I guess "living room" and sat on a couch by Luke. Surprisingly he was there.

"Sup!" Luke turned to me and punched me in the arm.

"Hey! Mister sati lover..." I whispered under my breath and chuckled.

"What?!" He laughed and pushed me down on the couch. I pushed him back and we both started rough playing.

"Stop it!" We both laughed and let go of each other. But then I pushed him again just for fun.

"You've changed Sati... A lot!" He laughed and looked down at how puny I was to him.

"Oh yea?" I smiled and he caught my attention at him.

"Yea, she actually has the guts to talk to me. And she even came to sit by us because you did!" He threw up his arms in the air and hugged me.

"Hum... I try." I chuckled and pushed him off of me.