Meet Up

I walked down the hall slowly looking for a vending machine. Couldn't find one at all! But finally I went down a floor and looked up and down the hallway and found one. Then I spotted someone familiar putting a dollar in... That one girl! The drunk girl that woke up in Mark's apartment. Small world...
"Hello there." I cocked my head sideways as she whipped around towards me.
"Hi there drunk girl." I murmured and chuckled.
"Excuse me?" She put her hands on her hips and gave me a stink eye.
"I'm Autumn, remember?" I put my hands on my hips and chuckled while mimicking her.
"I'm sorry, I don't." She puffed and took a sip of her pop she had bought.
"You kinda were drunk when we met." I shook my head side to side and smiled.
"Oh, well that happens a lot." She smiled back like a prep.
"That's not cool." I frowned and slipped the dollars in for the bottle of water.
"Get over it, b-" Mark walked in and smiled at the both of us.
"Hey where's my water?" He smiled and tickled my sides.
"Sorry! She was holding me up..." I motioned my head towards her and frowned at Mark. He looked like he frowned also.
"Oh hey, mysterious drunk girl." He smiled and leaned back on the wall.
"Am I this to everyone now?!" She stomped her foot and gave me and Mark a glare. I handed him the water while chuckling.
"Psh... Not everyone." I rolled my eyes and looked at Mark as he was chuckling along with me.
"Ugh. Just leave me alone." The girl stormed off and flipped her hair dramatically.
"What a... Well bad word." Both of us chuckled and went out to the hallway again. Mark was chugging down the water and smiling as he looked over at me.
"How did your interview go?" I started walking backwards and I watched him chug down the water more.
"I thought it went well, what'd you think?" He smiled and threw the bottle in the trash by the elevator.
"You sang good. Really good." We both smiled and jumped inside the elevator, that girl was in there also.
"Hey we never got your name?" We both smiled and looked at her deep in the eyes. She looked freaked out like any other girl would.
"It's Stace. Aren't y-" I cut her off and rolled my eyes.
"Yes it's Mark Foster." I crossed my arms and she fan girled out a bit. I mean I don't blame her! But shouldn't of she noticed earlier? Odd.
"That's so cool! It's awesome to meet you!" She jumped up and down and scooted closer to him.
"We've met before." He smiled and turned toward her.
"Uh... We have?" She looked puzzled, then flipped her hair and smiled more.
"Yea you came into my apartment, and I didn't even know." Mark and me chuckled.
"Well I don't remember that..." She rolled her eyes and stepped out of the elevator as the doors opened. Me and Mark stepped out behind her, then we saw Ponsi and Cubbie.
"Hi!" I smiled and walked toward them. We all hugged and looked over at Mark. We all gave him the we-are-super-hungry look. He smirked and waved his hands toward the parking lot. I jumped up and down smiling.
"Mmm food." I hummed to myself and hopped into the car. We both rode to the donut shop which was down the street ironically. As usual, I turned on the radio. His new song Coming Of Age came on!
"My jam!" I screamed and jumped up and down listening to it for the second time today. The donut shop was down the road and I got even more happy. Mark smiled at me and turned up the radio. So much happiness. I looked at the calendar in the car glovebox. Then that the date was a Sunday... Church day!
"HOLD UP!" I screamed out loud in the car and hit the glovebox.
"What?!?" Mark slammed the brakes in the parking lot. The car behind us almost hit the back of the car.
"I-I have church!!" I jumped out of the car and started sprinting. The church was a couple blocks away. I knew where it was. Mark was screaming at me behind me. I ran across the road making some cars swerve. Thank goodness none got wrecked or hit me. Anyways, I was running. The little cross on the top of the building showed. Some people were walking in for service. Since it was early in the morning.

My arms pumped faster as I saw some youth members walking in. Behind me, cars were honking some horns and there were tires squeaking. Finally, I arrived and was smiling while walking in. My youth leader, Steph was walking in and waving her arms toward me.
"Hey Autumn!" She smiled and I ran toward her, out of breath.
"S-sorry. I was running." I held my hand on my stomach and chuckled.
"You got new clothes kid! And you don't look beat up! What happened?" Steph hugged me and patted my back.
"I w-was adopted." I smiled and hugged her back. Then I felt a pat on my shoulder. Steph looked up and smiled along with me.
"By this guy?" They both shook hands briefly and then looked down at me.
"Y-yea." I fell into Marks arms smiling and laughing. Then some youth walked by and I joined them. Steph and Mark talked while I walked in next to the youth.
"Hey Autumn! Who was that guy??" Cassie stood up and smiled. She also hugged me, I was the favorite middle schooler here... The only one anyways. There was Ashley, Cassie, Gabriella, Bradley, John, Joy, and Dakota. They were in high school. Ashley and Cassie payed attention to me most. They knew something was going on with me before Mark came along.

But now it would be different.

"That was my new brother." I smiled and blushed and sat in a chair. Ashley and Cassie came along beside me.
"New brother? You got adopted?!" Ashley smiled and clapped her hands together.
"Yea, he's sweet. Bu-" Steph and Mark walked in they both were smiling. Mark sat by me and Bradley was next to him.
"Hey guys! Let's learn about Jesus now." Joy hopped up and down in her seat like a little kid. They all laughed including me and Mark.
"I see we have company." Goob (Gabriella) smiled and looked down the row at us.
"Yes everyone! This is Mark, Autumns new brother." She smiled and gestured toward our direction. I blushed and slunk down in my chair. Mark patted my shoulder and waved his hand a little bit.
Then they continued on prayer requests and service.