Beginners Guide to Running Away

I sat up and looked around. There were no people at all. Kayla must of left. But I heard whispers outside of my room. Even though it was just afternoon... I think. I've been sleeping for a while I guess. There were noises... Kissing noises. I slapped my face with the pillow and landed on my face. Mark brought a girl home. Nice.

My pillow was now wet, covered with tears. He probably barely remembers me. Mark is probably drunk and with a girl. The perfect combination for a disaster. My eyes were swelled with tears, face was pale and had a hint of red. I fell over on my side with the pillows stuffed in my ears. I couldn't hear anything except my thoughts.

'My brother, a drunk stud.'

Tears eventually soaked my pillow. I looked up and there were no noises. My headache finally left with all the pills I took. I felt better, but sweaty and teared up. My legs wobbled around as I stood up. I stuffed my phone in my pocket along with my charger and headphones. I put my clothes in a backpack I had.

"I'm not gonna put up with him." My small whisper came out as I opened my bedroom door. Mark and probably the girl was in his room. No one was on the couch. I slowly creeped toward the door and opened it. I looked back and teared up as I saw two figures walking down the hallway. It was them I knew it. But I closed the door quietly as I walked out. When I started walking down the hallway my phone vibrated. It was Luke.

Text:

Awe, I'm sorry I didn't text back. I WAS FREAKIN ADOPTED!!

I smiled and dialed his number. As I walked into the elevator, his deep voice answered.

"Hello?" He was breathing hard on the phone.

"It's me."

"Oh hey! What's up Autumn?"

"Running away." I sighed and looked down as I mumbled out the words.

"You're running away? From a celebrity?!" He sounded urgent and his voice increased loudly.

"Yea. I need a place to stay." The elevator opened and I started to jog out into the sunny parking lot.

"A-a place to stay? You probably need to stay there." He sounded serious, but I really needed to go away.

"NO. I-I just can't." A tear streamed down my face as I started jogging away. A couple limos pulled up into the parking lot as I jogged away. Two men jumped out of the cars and looked out toward me. I stopped and looked back. I heard my name being called by them.

"Why not?" Luke replied as I stood there looking at the men. It was Cubbie and Ponsi. I turned the opposite way of them and sprinted.

"Be-because.... He is a-a... Jerk." I breathed real hard as I spoke. There was a park nearby that I ran into. I ran all the way into a forest in the back. Luke replied as I ran into the parks forest.

"Oh... I'm sorry. Where are you now?" He seemed worried, I would too if I were him.

"I'm in a park, bu-but I don't know w-which." My mouth stuttered and mumbled as I spoke. He stuttered talking back.

"You already r-ran that far? I'm on my way to pick you up where eve you are." He hung up too quick for me to answer back. I took my headphones out when I entered the forest. I went off the trail as I continued jogging. But then I thought, Luke was looking for me. My phone rang frantically while I was jogging back to the trail. I sat down behind a tree and looked at the contact.

Caller ID: Mark <3

It made me tear up at the sight of his name. That heart needed a slash in it. I picked my phone up and hit it on my ear.

"What?" I puffed and sighed.

"W-where are you?!" He sounded like he was panicking. He was breathing hard and raised his voice.

"Away from you." I stood up and started walking deeper down the trail into the forest some more.

"Thanks for the hint, I'm serious Autumn. This running this isn't working, ok?" He sounded more relaxed as he finished the sentence. It made me relax knowing that he wanted me with him.

"Well this drunk thing isn't working." I looked down at my feet and kept walking until I hit a creek up ahead.

"Autumn I'm trying. It's gonna have to get some getting used to." He let out a deep breath of air. I let out one after he did. Both of us sounded relaxed, but I bet he was tensed up. Because I was.

"You need to try harder." Someone's footsteps were behind me. Then they put a hand on my shoulder.

"I-I... It's hard." He let out a deep breath of air. I could see Marks blue eyes staring into mine as we talked.

"I gotta go Mark." I closed my eyes and a tear ran down my cheek.

"But wait! I lo-" I hung up too quick to hear him. As I whipped around the monstrous Luke stood above me.

"H-hi Luke." I looked up and hugged him weakly. My arms were still week from being sick. So were my legs. I almost fell into him as he hugged me back.

"Don't go all boneless on me!" He laughed and pushed me back up. He smiled at me and pushed the hair out of my face.

"I'm pale I know." I looked down and played with my shoes. He put an arm around me and I put an arm around him.

"Your good. You just run away a lot." He chuckled and squeezed my shoulder. I fell into his sides as we walked. We both almost fell over on the trail while waking!

"I know. It's just that Mark, he doesn't know what he wants. It's me one time, then it's parties and beer another." We both looked down as we walked on the trail.

"Well, guys are... Confusing I guess to you." I started lagging slower than Luke and I sat down on a bench up ahead.

"Yea I guess." I let out a gasp of air and leaned back. Luke sat by me and cocked his head sideways.

"You ok?" His hand came over behind me and rubbed my back. I coughed and leaned over.

"Not the best time to run away." Luke stood up and held out his arms.

"I'll carry you." He smiled as I stood up and jumped into his arms. My weight was lifted off the ground and he held me close. I saw his truck parked up a ways.

"H-how is your new family?" I coughed into my shirt. He stumbled while looking down at me.

"They're nice and welcoming." He pulled me close and whispered into my ear.

"They're not as nice as you." I chuckled and hugged him around the neck. He smirked and approached his truck slowly. I was put down by the passenger door and I flew it open. As I walked in he started it up.

"What now?" I sighed and looked at my phone. There were a couple texts from Mark and Ponsi. Luke looked at me and my phone.

"What you think is best."