In Your Hands

*AUTUMN P.O.V.*

There was a creek I heard by the wall. The door had opened. Two blurry people walked in. I didn't know who, but I just sat there frightened. My eyes slammed shut. All I could hear were faint whispers. One of them I recognized. Mark was in the room. A hand reached out and stroked my hair.

My lower stomach hurt. It would throb then go away, then eventually come back. His fingers ran through my hair over and over gently.

It soothed me. Knowing that I was in a hospital now, tears started flowing down my cheeks. Faint and quick whispers from Mark filled my ears. My heart was pumping like crazy. He was panicking. I was fine... Sorta. Alive at least, that's all he should be thinking about. I'm here and with him.

I tried to start talking to him, but my lips wouldn't move. Then the second time I tried a little moan came out. He cupped my cheek and kissed my forehead. I tried to speak again but then the moan came out again. I didn't give up, Mark kept soothing me as I coughed out moans. Finally he spoke.

"I know you're trying." His cracky voice echoes throughout the room. The doctor left a while ago. My voice came back as I responded.

"Can we go to the mural?" The words came out quick and muffled. He chuckled and gave me a soft hug. I lifted an arm around him barely.

"We can go when you get better." His eyes were swollen with tears. My cheeks were covered with tears though. I tilted my head towards the clock and it was 12 am. When I turned all I saw was the handsome face of Mark. He was just sitting there and smiling at me. If I weren't hurt, we would've been eating by now. But nothing to me sounded fun. Only that concert. It would hurt if I moved my lower body any. My legs were sore and so was my stomach. My hands were sweaty while I lay there. I leaned up and kissed Mark on the cheek. We both smiled as I laid back down slowly.

"What was that for?" He smirked and ran his fingers through my hair again. I just shrugged my shoulders and slightly smiled. The door creaked open and the doctor strolled to the other side of my bed.

"Yes?" Mark looked up at him as he stood towering over us.

"I think Autumn needs to get some rest. She'll be fine here." He gestured towards me. I yawned and looked back at Mark. He sat there and smiled.

"Well I guess I gotta go." He smirked and kissed my forehead again. I smiled and grabbed his hand.

"I... Love you." The small shaky words came out of my mouth as I gripped his hand.

"I love you more." We both looked into each other's blue eyes. He kissed my hand and walked out the door, glancing back as he left.

"Well Autumn. Are you getting sleepy?" The doctor kindly asked as he was writing on a clipboard. I yawned and nodded some.

"Alrighty, well get some shut eye then." He smiled and walked out the door slowly. When he walked out I looked to my left and saw my phone. It was on top of my dirty clothes. But I didn't bother taking it while I was so tired. So then I shut my eyes and dozed off.

*MARK P.O.V.*

As I walked out the door, the whole band was waiting in the hallway. They had smiles and worried eyes.

"Is she ok?" Cubbie asked from the back of all of them.

"Yea, I just saw her. She'll be fine." I smiled and started to walk out with them.

"When she's ready to get out of here, what are you gonna do?" Sean paced beside me and opened the door for all of us.

"Hopefully, bring her back with me. Zack wants her when he gets back from Florida though." I sighed and looked at the ground while walking towards my car. My keys were dangling in my hands and chiming. When I looked up, there were tons of interviewers and reporters. They all came running up to me and the guys. I sprinted to my car and Ponsi ran along with me. We managed to slide in, and drive quickly out of the parking lot. I saw them all stop in their tracks and look toward the hospital. They all darted inside.

I swerved my car around and parked quickly. I sprinted toward the door and tried to stop them. One team managed to get in. Ponsi was trying to get through the small crowd but couldn't get through. The team raced towards the hallway. I yelled at them.

"FREAKING STOP!" The camera man stopped and looked at me, and the anchorman stopped with him. He faced me with his microphone and kept asking me questions.

"Is this your fault Autumn got shot?"

"Did you use the drugs that were being used?"

"Is Autumn dying?"

The last question struck me hard. It cut me off from everything that was going on. She wasn't... Or was she? I didn't the doctor hasn't given me enough information. When I raised up my fist and looked strait at him.

"She's not dying." I swallowed down hard and groaned.

"How do you know?" He asked with an evil grin on his face.

"SHES NOT!" I screamed and slammed my fist into his jaw. He backed up into the wall and fell over. The camera men were standing there in shock as I dusted off my shoulders. I walked off slightly stomping out. The crowd stood there flashing photos and gasping. Ponsi hit me in the chest and stopped me outside.

"What the heck are you thinking?!" He pushed me backwards and raised his arms up.

"He ticked me off." I moaned and walked toward the car slowly. Ponsi followed and grabbed my sleeve.

"You have to freaking fix this." He yanked at my sleeve and pulled me back. I whipped towards him and shoved him off of me.

"I CANT." I slammed my fist on the car and gave him a glare. We both stood there in shock and anger. My fists were clenched on the door handle and my knuckles were white. He walked around and got on the passenger side of the car.

"You still have a chance to." Ponsi shrugged and hopped inside. I got in and jammed the keys inside. We both sat there for a second. The radio turned on as I turned the keys. Flashes from the cameras came every now and then as we sat there. A street lamp flickered above us as the car started. We drove out of the parking lot in silence. There was nothing that needed to be discussed for me.

Is Autumn dying?

That question boggled through my head. It made me furious and worried. I couldn't take it. All I wanted to do was scream. None of this had to happen!

My little girl Autumn didn't need this.