The Truth

I was waiting on the bench some more. Everyone started coming back from school. I was half awake and half asleep. I didn't want to stop waiting, even if Mark didn't come. The only thing I wanted was him. Sati walked in beside Luke, the couple had left earlier though.

"Hey Autumn! Where is Mark? I thou-" I cut her off furiously and raised my voice.

"HE'S NOT COMING, OK?!" I sat up and stomped my foot. Sati seemed shock as well as Luke. They both flinched as I stood up in Sati's face.

"I'm not happy." I raised my fist and started tearing up. My fist was slowly lowered by Luke behind me.

"We know you aren't, but you're going to have to calm down ok?" He held onto my wrist and tightened his grip.

"O-ok." I made a strait face with no expression what so ever. Sati still seemed shocked from me almost punching her. She walked off as I sat down and sighed. Luke stayed beside me. He rubbed my back when I soon fell asleep on his shoulder.

'Sitting in the car with Mark... Listening to music played on the radio. Going to the donut shop with the band. Telling old stories about the past tour. Meeting new friends and fans along the way. Enjoying each other's company and undeserved love...'

But that was all just a dream. My thoughts were bouncing around like ping pong balls. They were all labeled Mark. He was the first one ever, that ever cared for me. When I first talked to him he was a jerk, that was until I was brought into his world.

I woke up to hitting my head. When I looked out a car window there were streets zooming by. My head hurt and my vision was too blurry to see who was driving. I moved around in my seat feeling that I had covers on. It was a small car, and a bumpy ride. I closed my eyes once again. Right when I did, the car slowed down and pulled to a stop. Only a lamp post showed out the window. The door shut behind me. But the one that I was laying on opened slowly. My seatbelt unbuckled and I was picked up bridal style.

"How ya holding up?" A warm soft voice calmed me as he held me tighter.

"T-tired." I mumbled the words out of my mouth. My eyes were still closed, but is already knew who it was.

"That's alright. You'll see a warm bed when we get inside." His fingers played around with my covers. He was sniffling, it was cold outside. He stumbled around while trying to get up the stairs. Also when trying to push the right elevator button.

"H-having trouble?" I whispered silently.

"Nah." I could see his smile as I opened my eyes slowly. That smile made my day...

"Thank you Mark." I smiled slightly and my eyes shut closed again.

"Don't mention it." He whispered back and walked slowly out of the elevator. He walked into the hallway and took each step quietly. I liked it. Someone opened the door for him, it was Isom. He was completely quiet. Mark carried me into a room... Not his room. He laid me on a bed and tucked me in. Mark kissed me on the head and walked out of the room. I didn't want to sleep anymore though. I wanted to be closer to him.

I opened my door and walked into the hallway. Mark and Isom were singing in the living room so I decided to stay in the hallway and listen. They were both singing my favorite. The Truth.

I sat down in the hallway singing to it. They didn't hear me surprisingly. Mark had his guitar and Isom had a little drum by him. I kept listening and humming along. Their song was beautiful and deep.

"She's awake." I could hear Mark whisper as my eyes were closed. I had my head leaned on the wall. I was humming the truth over and over while sitting there. Mark came around the corner and sat by me.

"Hello." He smiled and hugged me. I was sore, so it hurt a little.

"Hey." I leaned into him, happily making him hug me tighter.

"You survived without me." I laughed and looked up at him. He chuckled and nodded his head.

"It was rough." We both laughed and stood up. Isom met us in the kitchen. It was dark outside already.

"Your friends uh, sati and Luke wanted me to give you this." Mark handed me a slip of paper as I yawned. There were both of there numbers written on top.

"That was sweet." I smiled and took my phone out of my pocket. I wrote both of their numbers down and then put it back up.

"They were nice kids." Mark winked at me and I whipped over to Isom.

"Hey Autumn." He smiled and waved at me. I smiled back and sat by him on the couch.

"I'm sorry about the way I acted around you the first time we met." I sighed and looked into his eyes.

"It's alright, I shouldn't of called you a hooker." He smiled and gave me a small hug. Mark came over by me with coffee in his hands. He handed me the cup. The taste was caramel and it warmed up my whole body. It was comfy. I rubbed my self into Marks sides and tucked my legs under my thighs. It felt like the first time he gave me coffee. I chuckled enjoying it all. My coffee was soon finished when I about fell asleep.

Mark kept me awake by humming songs, and flipping through pages of music. It seemed like forever until he woke me up. Isom had gone. Mark carried me to bed, again.

"Night Autumn." He smiled and kissed me on the head. I kissed him back on the cheek.

"Night bubba." I smirked and gave him one last hug. He chuckled and walked out the door while turning the lights off. Old music room, now my bedroom. It was small, but breathable. The bed was softer than the couch thank goodness. The walls were tan like usual and my bed was blank like Marks. The thought of being here with Mark again drifted me right off to sleep.