Interview Already

Mark woke me up in a hurry shaking me all around.
"Wake up! We have an interview in an hour!" He pushed me off the couch and I fell over.

"What the?!" He was slipping his pants on almost falling over, which made me laugh. Mark threw his hands up which probably meant to move. So I slowly got up and went into the bathroom to change. I tried to take a shower but he made me hurry by pounding the door. I jumped out, dried my hair, Shoved on my clothes, and slipped my shoes on. He pounded the door once again and I jumped out.

"Finally! Come on we have to hurry!"
He grabbed my hand and I laughed when he dragged me out the door.

"Jeez! What's the hurry?!" He spun around and looked furiously at me.

"THAT INTERVIEW!!" I backed up and jumped from where he had raised his voice.

"Ok." I shyly followed him to the elevator.

"Sorry. This is just a really nice radio interview. They want to interview you too."

I'm sorry sir... Me?

I shook my head and looked at Mark puzzled. He once again tugged at my hand and we shot into the elevator.

"Did you say interview me?" I pointed at my chest and widened my eyes.

"Yea everyone knows now that I kinda adopted you." He shook his head side to side. One of his hands were tucked into his pocket. So he was nervous.

"Why are you nervous?" My grip tightened while holding hands with him.

"This is a nice radio interview. Not a lot of celebrities come here.... And how did you know I was nervous?" He cocked his head to left like a dog would and stared at me for a second.

"Body language." We both jumped out of the elevator and walked into the lobby. Well more like a jog into the lobby. I jumped out the door and ran into the car. Mark jumped in next to me and jabbed the keys in.

"Calm down! We have time don't we?" He slowly turned his head to me and gave me a fierce look. His head spun back toward the road and he drove out of the parking lot.

"Alright thanks for answering me..." I crossed my arms and slunk down in the chair. His fists turned white on the wheel. Then he like groaned or something?

"I'm just... In a hurry." His words slowly came out as he kept his eyes on the road.

"I get it." We both sat in silence on the way there. But I broke the silence when Pumped Up Kicks came on the radio. Out of the corner of my eye I could see him smirk when I was humming along.

"You're somehow always happy." He smiled at me with his big toothy grin.

"It's always good to be happy." I smiled back at him. We both hummed the rest of the way there. When we arrived I had no idea where we were. It was just another tall building in LA. But I didn't ask questions... Well about stuff like this anyways. When we got inside he told me instructions. Ugh, could he get anymore bossy today?

"Don't talk unless someone asks YOU a question alright? Well I guess you could laugh too... But only tal-" I cut him off and almost yelled at him.

"Alright! I get it Mark!" He smirked a little bit and we hopped inside the elevator. We went up to at least the fifth floor. The doors opened and we walked down the hall into a room with a studio inside.

"Sup man! We've been waiting for a little bit." Ponsi and Cubbie were inside a box type area next to other people with headphones and microphones.

"Yea, miss sleepy head over here." He laughed and went inside. I followed along and hopped in a chair next to him. Cubbie was tuning his guitar and Ponsi was drumming out a little bit. Mark was tuning his guitar too. While I just sat there awkwardly ready to leave. The men in a room across us started waving at us and talking. Me and Mark waved back and smiled.

"Hey you guys, and gal!" The men introduced with loud voices.
"What's up." Mark said rubbing his eyes.

"We have Foster the People today! We are here to talk about of course the music, and the new little foster everyone is talking about!" The man smiled and waved more at me.

"Hi!" I said putting the headphones Mark passed to me.

"Hello! So what's it like for you guys to have someone... As little as this?" The men laughed and focused on us.

"Well, it's different I can tell you that." I laughed along with the guys. Mark scratched his head and stuttered a little bit.
"Well, she'll be hard to keep up with during the concerts. But we are still trying to figure things out." He winked at me and I laughed at him.

"Alright, well that's what usually happens when you get a kid." Both of the men laughed and the guys started laughing too... It wasn't funny. Or was it?
"Yea, so alright. Your new album!," the man threw his hands up in the air and smiled.
"How are the fans responding to it?" He raised an eyebrow and leaned toward us.

"Well I haven't checked a lot, but the guys have told me it's gotten a lot of likes and crap on Facebook and the other social medias." Mark looked down at the microphone the whole time he was talking.

"Yes it has, Coming of Age is already playing on the radio a lot also. Of course this one too!" The man laughed and so did I from all of his facial expressions. When I smiled I looked at Mark and he started smiling. What can I say? My smiles are contagious!
"So guys what will you be singing for us?" The man out on his headphones and smiled again at us. Mark chuckled and tuned his guitar for a little bit.
"We will be singing Coming of Age and uh, Goats in Trees." He started humming and nodded his head at the guys.
"One, two, one, two, three four." He started singing Goats in Trees. I sang along in my head.

'Well I was caught up inside the wreck, never found my way out. I was filled with indifference. The animals, they were getting tired. So I sang them a song, cause they promised not to take to long...'

I sang along over and over. The beat was stuck in my head even through Coming Of Age. They were both great songs! I just liked Goats in Trees better. Mark was completely out of breath when they were all done.

"Hey can you go get me some water?" He handed me a couple dollars.
"Oh hum, sure." I went outside into the hallway, and the men kept asking them questions.