03.

Decline

Decline

I pressed the red button as soon as I saw the caller ID. I grabbed the remote for the air conditioner to turn it on, Unknown had already given me a quick tour of the apartment before he had left again. It was unusually hot today. When the air con had come on, I let out a sigh of relief when I felt the room cooling down.

My phone started ringing again and I rolled my eyes when I see Unknown flash on my screen yet again. He had just left a while ago and we were on a group chat so what could he possibly want now?

"What?" I ask as soon as I answered the call.

"Why didn't you answer my call, MC?" He asked the question smoothly, the baritone of his voice reverberating through my bones; making me shiver slightly. I had forgotten how scary he could be when I didn't do something he wanted me to but he didn't have to know that.

"Why did you call me in the first place?" I rolled my eyes again, playing with a strand of my long black hair. From what I gathered, it was naturally straight and fell behind my back reaching just around my waist.

Hair so black against skin so pale isn't expected in these parts of the country. The shock and the contrast only serve to make me all the more ghostly. My eyes are also pale, like the lightest of blue petals in the strongest of sunlight. And so I was reviled in equal portion, sought and rejected, admired and distrusted by the people that surrounded me.

For some reason all of my memories weren't clear, some of them were and some of them were just a blur. I could remember a few faces but, the feeling didn't seem familiar.

"I didn't know you wished to see me so much," he chuckled making me roll my eyes, yet again. "Guess I'll have to make your wish come true."

"I wish you would let me go and never come in front of me again."

"Too late, my lovely assistant." I heard his voice. Not through the phone but inside the room.

I looked towards the doorway where he was standing in all his glory. I slowly placed my phone back on the bed as I saw him come forward and sit in front of me.

"So why did you call me, boss?" I said his nickname bitterly, looking outside the window, not wanting to look at him.

He placed a finger under my chin and made me turn my face towards him. He was smiling and truthfully his smile confused me. How could such a person smile like that? He almost looked innocent but, his actions were everything but that. I figured that I looked confused.

Suddenly, before I could actually say anything, the taste in my mouth was vile.

I tried to spit it out whatever he had placed in my mouth but he closed my mouth with his hand.

"It's for the best. Don't worry, it won't hurt you one bit."

It happened so suddenly. My heart began to race as my chest tightened; it felt as if the center of my head was being pulled. A rush of sound roared through me as black clouds pressed their way into my vision and the only word that came to mind was bastard.