06.

"Drugs don't work on me

"Drugs don't work on me."

The words he said pounded inside my mind and I don't think I'd ever felt so scared before. It was almost like he could read my mind. My fingers curled back into that tiny fist; they were much safer than I was. I found myself biting my lip as words echoed in my mind, my brain trying to gather the right words to say back to him, "You're lying," I manage to spit out, "That's not possible. Do you think I'm stupid?"

"Yes, I do," I heard his footsteps coming closer to me, the hairs at the end of my neck straightening as my nails dug into the skin of my palm. I felt his finger touch my chin, lifting it to look at him, his green eyes had darkened and his face was still painted with that sick, twisted smirk of his that I wasn't used to yet, "But, it's true. Why don't you test out the food I ate to see if I'm lying or not?" He asks me, my eyes widening with shock at what he implied by saying that.

Before I could let out even a stutter, his chuckle echoed around the room, "Not that you'd remember anything about it, though."

His words made me grit my teeth again, his words agitated me. I rose my hand up to slap his hand away from my chin, refusing to fall into his trap, "Haha, you're only testing me. You know I won't eat it; it's not really drugged," she told him confidentally. I wanted to show him I wasn't scared of him but from the way his eyes looked into mine, I realised that maybe that wasn't a good idea.

"If that's the case, why don't you eat what I made?" He clicks his tongue with annoyance, rubbing the hand I had slapped away, "If it's not drugged then, you'll get out with memories, right?"

"You know what? I'm going to do just that," I tell him. He hadn't put the food away yet and all I had to do was eat it to prove my point.

Unless... I was wrong and he really was immune to the drug and that the food was drugged and that I was going to, once again, lose my memory. I mentally shake my head but the possibility of that being too made me think fast about something, "Lemme just do something quickly," I tell him, turning on my heal to rush towards the room I was staying in.

I find a notebook sitting on the desk and grab any pen; it didn't really matter what kind it was. Flipping through the notebook, I realise that it was empty. Just perfect for a diary.

I sit down on the bed, quickly jotting down on the front page everything that I knew about myself along with everything I knew about him before adding at the end, "Future me, please add to this because he might drug you again."

When I was satisfied, I put the notebook where future - possibly drugged - me will see it and pull it out to read. It simply had a note addressed to me and I was certain that if he did drug me again, he would most certainly keep my stupid codename the same.

What did it even stand for?

I stepped out of the bedroom, my heart racing as I went back to the kitchen to see him sitting down at the table with his laptop open and as usual, he was tapping away on it. His black jacket on this time but, his tattoos still exposed as his jacket slid off from one side. As soon as I stepped in, his eyes were already on me, laptop lid closed.

"You're finally here," he smirked at me, resting his chin on his hand as he looked at me, "Saying your final goodbyes to the RFA?"

No, but maybe I should've done that.

"No, I'm here to prove a point," I tell him, pulling out a chair and sitting down, my eyes lingering over the plate of food that I could tell had been untouched from when we last sat down. Looking at all the food sat in front of me, I realised then how hungry I actually was.

"Either way, it's a win-win for me," He says to me, smiling that same innocent smile as before which I still didn't trust and was hoping my future me wouldn't either.

I don't respond to his comment, picking up my fork to start my breakfast. I pushed the fork around bits of the scrambled egg before I actually lifted some up to put into my mouth.

It was actually good.

And before I could stop myself any further, I had already eaten the whole plate, forgetting my purpose of actually sitting down to eat his food. It felt like I hadn't eaten in ages, the smell hadn't attracted me at first but the taste inside my mouth felt beautiful and so...familiar. Was this how all scrambled egg tasted like? I knew somewhere in the back of my mind that each and every dish tasted a little different in the hands of different people, however, this taste was all too familiar.

I had eaten this before, I just knew it.

As a blank stared right at me, I had finally realised that his eyes had been on me the entire time. My cheeks flushed a pinkish colour as I snapped around to look at him, "Who's looking at who now?"

"No, I'm just wondering how someone who ate as fast as you did hasn't gotten hiccups yet," He tells me, still not moving his eyes away from me, his tone amused; possibly by the fact that my usually pale skin had gotten some colour on it and it weren't just any colour, it was a blush.

I didn't say anything as I looked away from him, reaching over to take the glass of water to drink from it before a thought finally hit me.

I still remembered who I was.

I let go of the glass straight away and looked over at him and from the way he looked back at me, I knew that he knew what I was thinking.

"Took you long enough to realise," He says, breaking the knowing silence between us. I opened my mouth and shut it again, not knowing what to say to him. Clearly, he was expecting this but I, on the other hand, wasn't.

"I'm immune too?" I look at him with surprise, my voice trembling and I didn't know if it was from excitement or shock. Instead of a normal reply, he simply just laughed at me. I snapped up to look at him because this laugh of his wasn't malicious... it was somewhat genuine but, I quickly slapped that though away; his innocent smile was evil so his laugh was not trustworthy either.

"No, the food just isn't drugged," He informs me once he finished laughing, which I now realise, was at me.

"What? Then why- you implied that it was drugged?" I looked at him with confusion, lots of thoughts running through my mind. So, the food wasn't drugged but I ate it anyways. Had I proven a point? I had proven a point, right?

"Did I?" He mused, trying to sound innocent as he looked away from me for a little bit. But, those eyes of his came straight back to look at me, "You still ate it though, didn't you?"

"Yes, yes I did," I mumble, looking down at the plate with no food.

"And, you're full now, right?" He asks me yet another question. I look back up at him, raising an eyebrow, not understanding the point in that question.

"Yes... yes I am," I answer him still.

"So, perhaps you should trust me a little more."

And this time, I laughed at him.