08.

"Microscopic cat

"Microscopic cat."

I found myself falling into a deep slumber with those two words repeating themselves inside of my mind. Only, the voice seemed to change each time they were repeated. The two words wouldn't stop repeating themselves before the voice of what I was sure belonged to young female girl cut through them.

"I told you not to call me that!" The little girl had exclaimed.

When I opened my eyes again, I was expecting to find myself on the chair I had fallen asleep on but instead, I found myself looking at a little girl. She had the deepest of black hair that fell behind her back going just past her shoulders. When she turned around, I felt as though her blue eyes had pierced through me.

They were definitely glaring at me.

"It wasn't me who said that," I tell her quickly as her eyes do not leave where I was standing.

"What do you want me to call you then?" I hear a teasing voice come behind me, I snap around, recognising the voice almost immediately. I was greeted with a pair of golden eyes, a young boy with crimson red hair that stood at all ends. He had a wide smile wrinkling up on his face, small plasters covering his small face.

"By my real name, of course," I hear the voice of the little girl coming closer to me, a sigh escaping her lips. Before I could even move out of her way or say anything, the girl had gone straight through me. I didn't feel anything and I was certain that she didn't either as she casually walked up to the boy, stopping in front of him, "Do I look like a microscopic cat to you?" She asks, crossing her arms.

I was surprised beyond words to say anything or react to anything that had happened.

This... this is a dream, right?

"Hmmm, nah. I think I will continue calling you that," The boy says, laughing at his joke, his eyes glinting under the bright sun.

I watch as the girl rolled her eyes at the boy, uncrossing her arms. He had avoided her question, something someone I know does a lot, "Whatever you say... tomato head," she flashes a smirk at him, proud of her possible new nickname.

"Am I supposed to react to that?" He asks her, reflecting her smirk on his face. Clearly her nickname wasn't insulting in any way to him.

I found myself smiling softly at these two little children I recognised but didn't recognise at the same time. The scene felt familiar and I didn't know why it did.

Suddenly, my vision distorted, the image in front of me of the little children changed into something else, different faces came into my sight and they were all saying different things.

I caught sight of the same little boy from before however, he wasn't grinning. His eyes weren't sparkling with mischief like before, they were glinting with tears instead. And it saddened me because I felt like I knew why.