09.

I resumed poking him

I didn't know he was this stubborn. It all started after he gave me his usual smirk. "What are you smirking at?" I asked before shaking my head. "I didn't know what I was expecting from you, all you do is smirk and spend all of your day typing god knows what in that laptop."

Was I really expecting him to tell me why he had chosen me? Maybe. It felt like everyone around me was keeping things from me. God, even my name was a secret.

I could have just walked away had it not been for that smirk of his that aggravated me so much that I couldn't explain. That little rise in the corner of his mouth, combined with the cool detachment in his eyes sealed was like a stab to my heart.

It reminded me just how much control he had over this whole situation.

I guess it was giving him inner delight just seeing me ask him questions like a desperate puppy. He was savouring the moment.

"Forget I asked anything." I mumbled the words, letting go of the door and proceeding to walk away.

A hand grabbed my wrist and spun me around to face him again.

"I chose you because of your importance to certain people."

That seemed like a dialogue out of the most cliche book of the world. I couldn't imagine being someone important. Well, maybe I wasn't. Maybe I was just loved by some people.

"D-Do I have a sister?" I asked biting my bottom lip nervously.

It had been bothering me after the phone call from Seven. Was he saying that because I had one or just teasing me for no reason?

Four things could happen after that question:

One: he would be a kind person and answer me.

Two: He wouldn't say anything and just leave.

Three: I would get an answer but I would get drugged.

Four: I was going to the actual paradise.Or maybe hell.

"I only answer one question per week." He said letting my wrist go and walking out of the door.

"How does that work!?" I asked, my mouth agape in incredulity as I followed him.

"Sorry but you spent your opportunities in minor questions and one big one so you won't be able to ask another big one in nineteen weeks. One question you asked till now is worth one week. And since you asked me around fifteen questions since day one, you won't be able to ask in seventeen weeks."

"But that's more than the times I asked a question." I said slowly, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked at the mint eyed boy that was sitting on the sofa with the TV on.

"One big question is worth two weeks."

"That's too much even for you. Lower the time."

I wanted answers and what he was doing, made me see red. Everything he did irked me. From his smirk to his personality.

I sat down beside him and poked his arm repeatedly. At first he didn't seem to be bothered but soon he seemed uncomfortable.

"What are you doing?" He glaring at me which I returned.

"Poking you." I replied simply and continued and whenever he looked at me, I gave him a sweet smile.

"Boss, lower the time?" I asked him as I stopped for a moment. I was tired of poking him so I tried to see if he would lower the time after all of the poking.

"Not even a day, my assistant."

And so I decided to resume poking him.

As I poked him I saw that there was an anime playing on the TV. "I didn't know Mr. Drugger was into animes."

From the corner of my eye I saw him look at me with narrowed eyes. "I'm not, it was the only thing I could find."

I chuckled as I continued to watch it, my poking slowed down as I got more interested in the anime.

It was about a girl whose childhood love moved away and she meets him after years and gets to know that he loved her too. It was the sweetest and saddest thing I had seen till now, well maybe it wasn't that sad.

"You look like you're about to cry." Unknown said, seeming uninterested in the beautiful anime that they were watching.

"You couldn't understand how sad the girl must be feeling after seeing her crush say that it was all in the past?" I said as I placed my chin in the palm of my hand and kept watching it.

"You sure about that, MC? Because I'm sure that you don't know how that feels like."

His voice seemed somewhat sadder when he said that. And for some reason my heart seemed fuzzy, my heart was in pain and I felt like I deserved it.

"Well maybe I did, you don't know if I did or didn't."

"You'd be surprised by how much I know about you."

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, he should give other people lessons on how to creep out someone. "Whatever you say."

He chuckled and shook his head slightly, a small smile still visible in his face.

"You shouldn't get close to Seven."

"Why not?" I asked confused, turning to look at him. I thought it was the plan to get closer to them, after all it was his order.

"Because I don't like it."

*

Third Person POV

He walked back and forth outside the door as he waited for her to come out of the room. He had news for her that he couldn't tell her with people around them. He was nervous to see her reaction after their agreement on not talking about it ever again.

"Hello.." Her voice came as soon as she left the building's entrance. The surprise on seeing him after a year was clear on her face as she walked towards him.

"She doesn't remember us." He said hurriedly, his eyes on the floor as he let out a sigh.
"I'm sorry... If I had helped you find her sooner may-"

"I knew." She cut him off, her face as blank as a canvas as she walked past him and got into her car that was parked right outside the building. She looked at him with a small smile. "After all, I'm her sister."