13.

We were avoiding each other

That's a lie, I was avoiding him.

He was my boss; well I didn't really think of him as my boss, more as my kidnapper.

How would someone else react if the person who kidnapped them would hug them and say to remember?

Oh and not to mention if they saw a picture of the person who kidnapped them, the person the kidnapper hates and the victim together?

I groan and hid my face in the book I was reading as I remembered how yesterday I ran out of the room before shrugging at him when he asked me why I was on the ground.

"She's avoiding me." My ears perk up when I heard his voice.

I got up from my bed, the book still in my hands as I walked towards the voice.

"Don't worry, she's doing well. And yes I do give her food, I'm not as cold as you think, okay?" He laughed brightly and continued talking with the person.

He laughed. I narrowed my eyes, even though he laughed with me or at me sometimes, it wasn't like the way he was right now.

"Yeah I'll leave you to your files and projects then. Yeah, bye."

I took a deep breath, plastered a smile on my face and slowly walked towards him, stopping a few feet away.

"I'm not avoiding you, I was just reading a book. It's different." I spoke lifting my book in the air for him to see.

"You are avoiding me, MC. You have been since last night." He sounded irritated, which was reasonable since being avoided wasn't a very fun thing.

"Really? Because I recall answering you whenever you called me." I didn't bother to look at him, I just opened my book and started reading.

"One word answers don't count you know."

"Well at least I'm not contradicting myself every second." I grumbled and turned away from him and went to my room. He followed me, I didn't say no because it would only confirm that I am avoiding him.

"If you aren't avoiding me then why aren't you meeting my eyes? Put the book down and look into my eyes if you aren't."

I was hoping to get out of that situation by doing something but I had to end this once and for all. I put down the book and looked at him, maybe glare would be a better word.

"See I'm looking deep into your eyes." I made a spooky voice then raised an eyebrow at him. "Happy?"

He didn't seem satisfied but that was all he would get from me today. His eyes darkened as he frowned at me as I just shrugged nonchalantly.

"May I help you?" I asked him, making a bitterly sweet voice as I looked at him, hoping he would see himself off.

"What did I do to make you mad?" He asked kneeling down and putting his head in front of me. It almost made me feel like a spoiled child who was angry for no reason.