04.

The forgetting pill

The forgetting pill.

Questions raced through my mind but, I had come to the same conclusion every time. The reason why I couldn't remember anything and the reason why he seemed to know me so well.

He had erased my memory.

But, why? What did I know that had to be erased?

"MC. Why are you still awake?" I hear a voice behind me, I quickly shove the bottle into my pocket and snapped around, my pale blue eyes meeting his mint green pair.

I gritted my teeth, my fingers curling into a tight fist as I stopped myself from lashing out at him, "Getting water." I answer in two words.

He too looked like he'd just woken up. His pearl white hair was standing in different directions, the faded shades of red visible at the tips. If you thought my skin was pale, you clearly hadn't seen his. He didn't have his black jacket on so his red tank top was out to be exposed instead.

The tattoos on his right arm were fully exposed and whenever I had asked what they were representing, he would shake his head and change the subject. He had a specialty at doing that, I realize.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. My tone was bitter as the resentment towards my memory being erased started to come back. But, I knew that now was not the best time to ask - he could just erase my memory all over again and that... would be terrible.

Maybe I should start writing a diary.

"I heard some noise and woke up to see what it was," he answered me in no rushed tone. His intentions always confused me. His personality always confused me. He always confused me.

"Boss," I let the name roll off my tongue yet again. This time the word a little less bitter, "Do you know my real name?"

"Of course I do," he responded almost too quickly, it was as if he was expecting me to say that. Like it wasn't the first he'd heard me ask something like that at a time like this.

But, it truly was the first time I was asking him with such seriousness. Maybe, I was just too predictable.

"Then, why can't you tell me?" I ask, frowning. I realise that I tend to do that a lot in his presence. I really didn't blame myself, though.

"Your eyes turn darker when you frown," he tells me, his expression was stoic and unreadable. His eyes were fixated on me, not blinking even once.

His eyes sent a rush of familiarity over me which I quickly brushed off.

He was my boss. He erased my memory, of course, his eyes felt familiar; I had some sort of past with him and I was going to find out what it was. Somehow.