Chapter 6

Jack (seniors) pov

I awoke from my sleep on my couch and got up and answered the knock on the door. It was a police officer.

"Good evening sir", he greeted me with while I yawned, "do you know the where abouts of Josephine and Jack Dawson? When was the last time you saw them?", I completely blanked out about the first question all I knew was it was about Josephine and mini Jack. "Sir? SIR?!", he then broke my sleep trance, "do you know where they are? Where they were last scene?"

"Mhmmm. Ya. They were with me at the park", he wrote down in his notebook.

"And what were you doing at the park with them?"

"I'm their teacher. The children needed fresh air and a place to run around in so I took them to the park", technically the whole story.

"And what after that?", he pressed on with his questions.

"Josephine ran off crying and Jack went after her"

"And why didn't you run after them?", oh boy.

"Because kids need their own space without being bombarded with people, work and stuff" , he just nodded in a agreement and walked away saying nothing else. I then sat down on the couch where I slept prior to be awoken. But I can't go back to sleep. I can't go to sleep knowing that they are alone out there freezing to death in an ice cold bitter winter. I then get changed and put on my jacket and grabbed a flashlight to search for them.

"JACK! JOESPHINE!", I called out everywhere in the town. But it was no use. Where would two eight year old kids go when they want to be alone? Lake Wissota.

I tracked through the forest in search of them. Snow munching underneath my feet like someone eating chips. Every ten minutes or so the temperature dropped. Making it freezing cold by 8pm. "JACK! JOSEPHINE!", I called out again. Only to hear my voice echo through the vast emptiness of the trees. Them disappearing is all my fault.

I've walked for twenty or so minutes nearing the lake. I then see a big old tree log with vaporised air coming out of it. It must be them. It better be them! I then rush over only to see their little blue faces and frail bodies hugging together. "This is all my fault. It's all my fault", I then stripped off my jacket and wrapped it around them two. I then picked them up and tried to make my way out of the forest. "It's ok your going to be alright", I said to them as they rocked about in my arms. I then finally made my way back to the streets and immediately ran straight to the hospital.

Roses Pov

I feel guilty about the twins disappearance. I've never paid attention to them. Only now I see the damage I've caused with the whole town and police looking for them. God I'm a terrible mother. I can't imagine what Jack must think of me and what I've done to our children. He would be so disappointed and upset with me. Like I feel about myself. I wish he is here with me now. I wish he was here and played peace keeper/maker to make this all be over and go away. Even if he was here and they ran away. They would certainly not run away from Jack, but from me. "I've failed as a parent. I've failed you Jack", I wept knowing that I have let everyone who I love down. And that our children could be dead by now. And that it is all my fault.

"Now now Ms Dawson. We'll find them", the head officer comforted with me with. He then left and I cried into my pillow falling asleep.