Chapter 10

Roses pov

Jack? My mind and body was having an outward experience. It couldn't be him. Could it? No. I watched him die. This is impossible.

"Jack?", I asked him standing there frozen.

"Yes Mummy", Jack, my son responded with grabbing my hand. I then immediately looked at him. I gazed at his featured before looking to the man that looked like my Jack. Their father. He eyed me closely looking at my son then at Josie.

"Jack this is me and Jacks mummy", Josephine went over taking his hand. He then flinched with his eyes looking wildly at her, "Jack what's wrong?", his eyes then proceeded to look at me then at Jack Jr who was holding my hand.

"Ro.. Rose?", he stuttered on my name. I then covered my hand over my mouth in shock and in horror. It was him.

"What's wrong mommy?", young Jack Jr asked me. I then ran over crying to the arms of my long lost lover. Josephine then let go of his hand and stepped back.

"Oh Jack", I wept holding him as tight as I can in our embrace. His arms then slowly made my way up to head where they were placed.

"Oh Rose", he clamped me in his arms before picking me up, "oh Rose", I then pulled out to see his face and his eyes that I haven't seen since the night in the cold water. I then pressed a kiss into him. But it exceeded to more then that. It was really him!

"I can't believe it's you", I tried to catch my breath.

"I can't believe it's you", he then locked lips with me. Trying to get us both over to the couch. But instead we kept banging into walls. "I love", he kissed me on my neck making his way down my body on the couch, "missed. You. So. So. Much", he then slammed his lips against mine. Then he moved his body fully on top of mine while we kept kissing.

"GET OFF HER! GET OFF HER!", Jack and Josephine yelled dragging Jack off me and onto the floor. I just laughed while Jack just looked up at us three. I think he knows now. He the proceed to brush his dirty blonde hair out of his face. He then breathed deeply out. Before proceeding to get up. He then just stared at me and the twins who were looking at him.

"I'm sorry", was all he said before walking out. Me, Jack, and Josephine then froze before we all ran chasing after him.

"Jack! Jack!", we called to him running down the street with no shoes and in our pjs. He then turned around looking at us with his hands in his pockets.

"Please don't go Jack. You can stay", Josephine and Jack begged him. He then just looked at me while they kept nagging him, " yeah we still haven't had dessert yet"

"Yeah yeah. We still have some ice cream left over. You can have some", Jack just kept looking back and forth at the twins and me. Wanting to see my approval.

"Please Jack pleasseee", they begged him.

"Alright", he agreed to them. They then both started jumping for joy. Each taking hand and leading him back to the house.

***

Dessert is pretty boring and awkward so far with Jack and me glancing across the table rebounding off us and the twins.

"Mummy did you know Jack has a girlfriend that he met on the biggest grandest ship in the world?", Jack Jr spoke up breaking the awkward silence with a very awkward topic. Jack just immediately put his cutlery down and looked at me. I then did the same.

"No Jack I didn't know that", was my response to my son. Jack just sat there finished with bowel with his arms crossed and leaning back into the chair.

"Jack can you keep on telling us the story on how you met and what was the ship like pleeeaassee", I just eyed Jack with the 'not yet. I'm not ready' glare as well as 'you told them that?'.  He just say their in silence looking directly across from me.

"No sorry Josephine. I'm only restricted to my one a day", was his excuse for getting out of it.

"What about tomorrow then?", young Jack pressed on.

"Well maybe after school you can even meet her", he then winked at me giving me with famous smirk.

"Cool. Awesome", was the words they used to show their excitement to meet her. I mean me. As if this can get anymore awkward then it is.

"Jack how do you know Josephine and Jack?", I asked him. As they didn't not yet know the truth to who they were to him. Or even the other way round with Jack not knowing.

"I'm their school teacher. I take them for art and their detention classes after school", so it was defiantly him I saw and not a ghost yesterday. How could he be one? He's in my house!

"So..so you're their teacher?", I'm actually rather surprised. I then looked at the twins for their approval of the story. "So you take them for art?", I dug deeper into the topic. "How is their artwork? I know my children have quite a natural gift and talent for art", I dropped a few hints for him.

"They certainly do. The moment I saw them open their graffitied English books", I then immediately looked at my children who were ashamed of what they had done to what I bought them. "In fact they even have something to give you", the twins then looked all confused at him. He the waved them over to him. They then both ran off upstairs leaving the table silent with just me and Jack awaiting in their return.

"Here you go mummy", they then handed me this beautiful drawing that was each drawn in seperate parts by different people.

"Oh it's beautiful. I love it", I hugged and kissed them both, "who did what part?"

"Well I did the head, Joe did the body and Jack did the legs", Jack Jr told me

"Well I love it. Thank you", I then gave them a kiss and a cuddle again, "now if your finished with dessert, I want bowels in the sink and you get ready for lights out", they then both nodded and marched on to the kitchen and upstairs to get ready. I then proceed to the kitchen to wash up while Jack just sat there thinking about something or nothing at all. I then finished and just looked at him from the kitchen entry.

"Rose I want. I want you to answer this truthfully for me please. Just no 'ifs' or 'but's'. Just a straight yes or no answer", I then just waited while he took his time, "are Jack and Josephine mine? Are they my children Rose?", I am shocked by his question not being able to figure it out for himself.

"Yes. Yes they are Jack", he just nodded trying to process it all, "couldn't you tell?", he then just looked up at me.

"No", he shook his head, "no. I only knew their first names not their last. I lost the sheet of paper that said it on the first day I met them"

"But their attitude, sprit, drawings? Jacks name? Even Josephine's. Didn't you suspect anything?"

"No. As a matter of fact cause I thought you were dead", the room them went silent with us both having flashbacks of that night, "And what is the chance of two students who have never met or seen their father before. Find out that he is standing in front of their eyes alive, teaching them?", the room then went silent again, "Rose I don't want to fight. It's just it's hard. I watched you die"

"No no no. I watched you die. I let go of you and let you sink. I'm the one who left you there alone to die. It was my fault Jack", we then both hugged each other. That's all we need right now.

"How about we get you into bed huh?", I just nodded.

"To the stars", I kissed him. Before doing it again and again until he carried me up bridal style to my bedroom. And there after eight years I made love to a man again. The exact same one that took my virginity in the first place, in the back of a car eight years ago. I feel like I'm in a dream.