Chapter 13

Josephine's pov

This morning me and Jack didn't have to go into mummy and daddy's room. They were already up making pancakes. Mmmmmmmmm. Daddy makes them so well. He learnt off his mummy. Mummy and daddy are both happy together. They are always smiling and kissing. Yuck! Daddy then walks off both to school. He always walks around at lunch. But he doesn't sit with us. Why would he even do that? Daddy also keeps an eye on Ms Rocker for us and Mrs Moore. They are both me mean to me, Jack and mummy. They aren't nice people. But a new teacher called Heidi Winter is nice. She teaches languages, maths and music. She is a smart lady. She is always talking to daddy and laughing with him. They are great friends.

Jacks pov

I walked down the street up to the school gates with Jack and Josephine holding both of my hands.

"Morning Jack", Heidi Winters walked up to me.

"Good morning Miss Winters", the twins matched pitch.

"Morning Jack and Josephine. I see you are working on your singing skills there", she complemented them on. They both just smiled at her before running to their friends.

"You are so great with them. They have been through pretty hard life. Raised by a single mother who doesn't pay attention to them. No father. No other family", we looked up them running up the steps. But I couldn't over hear what she was saying about my family. She was wrong.

"No. No. That only makes then better and stronger against this world. The world is a harsh place. And the sooner you learn to deal what comes with it. The better off your going to be", then she gazed into my eyes like she always does. I know she's falling for me. Can't she read or see the messages I'm sending her?

"Oh there goes the bell", she said sweetly giggling, "I guess I'll see you around the school yard then", she then puts a hard on my shoulder and walks to her class. What is wrong with her?

At lunch time I was on duty. I was talking to kids and picking up their shit. She just proudly stood there like a kid wanting to ask me a question. I didn't have time for her. I walked away with a group of boys and started to play handball with them. She just sat and watched. And then Jack and Josie came up to me.

"Dad", I Josie quickly said before correcting herself, "I mean Jack", she said shyly. I just took a deep breath in hoping no one heard that or knew what it meant, "are you going to invite Miss Winters over?", she asked. Fuck. "Well are you?", she gave me her puppy eyes. Well this is going to be fun. I got up and started to walk over to her. She immediately composed herself like she was completely not watching me!

"Oh hello Jack you caught me taking a bite of my lunch", she then took a whole chunk of her sandwich off nervously eating while I was watching her. She then started to cough.

"Oh are you alright?",

"I'm.. *cough cough* fine. Thanks for asking"

"Well if your fine then me and the boys, and Josephine", I looked back and saw her waving at us, "were wondering if you would join in our game of handball?", please say no please say no!

"Sure. But I will remind you. I am quite bad at it", she told me. Well this should be good. We then sat on the reserve bench waiting for our turn. It was Heidi's turn to be in. Here we go.

Malcolm served the ball to her cause he was in ace. She then hit surprisingly. Malcolm then hit it back to her and she missed.

"Blast! This dress!", she looked at me on the bench with the other kids laughing. She had missed that ball completely! "Well what are yous all laughing about huh? I doubt Mr Dawson here could do any better"

"Ooooooooooooo", the kids all went smirking at me.

"Is that a challenge?", I asked her. Then everyone faced her.

"Yes I guess it is. And I accept it", she said confidently.

"Well that's your choice. Cause I'm the king of these parts. So you have been warned", I got the ball and bounced it to my square. With all the kids cheering me on, "you have been warned. They all know", they started to chant my name. She just faced me and put on her tough face.

"Bring it on", I then did an easy serve to her before she did the same back. I then hit the ball fast and low, "OW! My finger!", she tipped the ball hard mainly hitting it with one finger. All the kids started to laugh at her. I could tell she hated being humiliated. She gave me the devil eyes. I then served the ball to her again. She tried to hit it hard but it landed in my square and completely missed her square.

"Full! Full! Full!", the kids all chanted at her. I raised both of my eyebrows are her. She then stormed off in a fit. I had won.

On the way back the twins couldn't stood talking about me kicking her arse! And I basically did. And it feels great.

"Mummy mummy", Josephine ran in like a fire truck, "Guess what guess what?", she huffed and yelled at her.

"What?"

"Daddy kicked Miss Winters butt in handball!", Jack Jr stepped in.

"Now Jack we don't say those words. They are gross", Rose corrected him on.

"But he did Mommy. You should of seen him. Daddy is the 'king of the world!'", Josephine chanted I couldn't help but smile and giggle at the sight of my daughter. I then picked her up and smothered her in kisses, "Ah!", she giggled and screamed as I tickled her. We then all had dinner and sent them both off straight to bed.

"So you kicked Miss Winters butt during handball hey!", I just smiled at her.

"She's terrible at handball hands down. I don't even know why I followed Josephine's orders to ask her to join.

"Wait Josephine asked a person to join in with them?", Rose excitingly said. Knowing that Josie has a learning difficulty that can affect her words as well as definitely written.

"Well not exactly. I said the words but it was all of her idea. So I'm not taking credit from it", Rose just laughed.

"No you wouldn't take the limelight off your daughter", she kissed me as we both smiled and swayed side to side before we went upstairs and went to bed.