Chapter 21

Roses Pov

"Jack..-"

"Hey", he rushed over to my side, "your awake", he kissed my hand.

"Jack. Jack what's wrong?", I asked him as he wiped away his tears from being with Josie.

"Noth..nothing. Nothing wrong. Nothing that you have to worry about", he leaned over Jack Jr and kissed me.

"Mr Dawson", a doctor entered calling him,"may I speak with you"

"Certainly", he then kissed me on the cheek and left me. With Jack Jr sleeping soundly beside me catching up on his sleep that was interrupted. I then remembered Josephine.

I slowly turned my head trying not to wake Jacks up or hurt weak body. She is so pale and frail. Her face is a blue or purple in some parts of her head from taking the punches. Her head then tilted  and she opened her eyes right at me.

"Hi. Who are you?", my heart then shattered into a thousand broken pieces.

"I'm..I'm your mother. Rose", I introduced myself. She didn't move and just stared at me. She didn't say anything, "do.. Do you know who I am?",

She shook her head, "no", my life then fell apart and I then practically died inside. I then started to cry. "Why are you crying?", she asked.

"Noth..nothing", I whimpered looking at my daughter who had forgotten about the life she had with me.

*****
Jacks Pov

"In sorry Jack. But we can't do anything to help Josephine", the doctor informed me about her condition.

"Will.. Will she ever remember? Will her memory come back in time?"

"I don't know. These type of things are tricky. But at this point in time there is nothing that can be done", I then began to break down in tears, "I'm sorry"

"No no. I only just met my daughter. And she doesn't even remember her own twin brother who has been with her since she came into this world. And what about Rose? She'll..she'll be absolutely crushed. She already thinks this is all her fault and she is a bad parent", I wept

"Well Jack perhaps this is a new start for you and Rose to begin your lives together. A clean slate. A new baby along the way also", he put his arm around me. But when he said that I cried even more, "this is your chance to create new memories. A new family"

"But I don't want a new family. I want what I have! Isn't that enough for me. Especially if her memory is completely wiped. I love them. I'm not going to let go"

"Just think of this as a new chance. New life. New memories. Focus on the positives and don't think about the past and how things could of been. And don't force her to try and remember. Just show her things and reintroduce people like they've met for the first time. Just reintroduce her as if she was like a small child. I you do that then it will be fine. And new happy memories will be made. And that's what you want for her", he then patted my back and left me. I then say there quietly trying to comprehend what my next move would be. I have to tell Rose. I then wipe my tears and try to look present bake and walk in.

"Rose?", I said as soon as I opened the door. I then saw Rose sobbing in tears with Josephine staring at me. Oh no. Fuck.

"Jack", Rose cried, "Jack Jack Jack", I rushed to her with her clinging unto me, "Jack. She. She doesn't. She doesn't know me!", she cried gripping my shirt. Jack then woke up and sat in bed looking at us. "She's DOSNT remember me Jack. What.. What have I done? What have I done to her Jack. What have I..-"

"You've done nothing Rose", I grabbed hold of her head, "it wasn't your fault. It's no one fault. Besides Cal. We're.. We're gonna to get through this Rose. I promise. I'll always be here for you, Jack, Josie and the baby. This is just something we have to get through"

"Will she ever get it back?"

"No one knows. She might", Jack Jr then tugged on her dress.

"She doesn't remember me either mummy", Jack spoke up. Tears then filled her eyes looking at our son.

"Oh Jack", she hugged and kissed him tightly before she started to cry all over again.

"Daddy why are they crying?", Josie asked me. Rose and Jack then stopped and looked as I slowly walked over to her and leant down beside her.

"That's your family. Our family", I told her. He then looked and looked back to me. "That's your mother Rose", I point to her, "and your older brother Jack", Rose held Jack in her arms with both their eyes wet. Josephine just looked at me not knowing what I just said. "Joe.. Josephine are you ok?", I then slowly touched her but she flinched. She is scared. "Josephine's its me. Jack. Your father", she then looked at me worryingly. "He.. Here", I pulled my small notebook out. "See", I showed her my drawings. "You drew these. There's your mother, you and Jack. See"

"But I.. I don't remember. WRONG WITH DADDY ME?! I k..k... Can't speak"

"Oh no Josie", I immediately hugged her. Rose and Jack were in tears on the other side of the room. I just hugged her as tight as I possibly can letting her know that I'm here. I then spent the next hour in bed trying to calm her down. She then fell back asleep and I went to Rose.

"Oh Jack", she hugged me, "what are we going to do?"

"Well.. We're going to have to start from scratch with her. To create new memories", I told her. Her face then went into utter shock, "Rose I know. But listen", she pulled away.

"No Jack. That's my little girl laying over there! And she has no memory of who I am", she wept as she fell into my embrace.

"There's nothing we can do Rose. We have to continue on as we once were. Make new memories with her. We can't bring back what's she's lost"

"But she's not lost Jack. She right over there!"

"Yes I know", I rolled my eyes.

"Then why are you saying we should create new memories with her then? Is it because she rarely had any time with you and only with me and Jacks? And now you want to have a bigger part in that and take over her main parental figure"

"Rose your pregnant. Your hormonal",  I told her so she could calm down before she would say something that she'll regret.

"Maybe I am. And maybe your not meant your be here. Giving up on our daughters memory", she scoffed at me.

"Fine I'll leave you again. Alone, pregnant, and raising my basterd children!", I yelled at her. Saying all those awful things they name my family as.

I then hopped in the car and drove to the only place were I could be alone. Lake Wissota.