•25•

Thankfully my stomach flu came and went. I was able to return to work Wednesday and make it the rest of the week. It's now Saturday again and Megan and I sat on the couch with a pizza box in front of us as we watch the guys play in Miami again. "No damn it Ender hit the damn ball." Megan yells as Ender swings and misses at a pitch.

"Call yourself." I chunk a piece of popcorn at her. "That's only strike two." Sure enough the next pitch Ender pops right in a hole earning a base hit.

"Yes that's my baby!" She cheers clapping.

"How does it feel to officially be Ender Inciarte's girlfriend?" I ask nudging her with my foot.

"It feeels natural. Like I don't have to be anything but myself around Ender." She smiled. "I've honestly haven't been this happy since Trevor." Trevor was Megan's high school boyfriend, they dated for 2 years before he broke up with her before leaving for college. He was her first love and it took some time for her to recover from him.

"I'm happy for you Meg. You deserve to be happy." I smile at her. "But he better treat you right or I swear I'll go redneck on his ass."

Megan laughs shaking her head at me. "I don't think Ender has a mean bone in his body so we don't have to worry about that."

Megan and I continue watching the game, commenting on things every now and then. Poor Dansby has been in a slump but I think he's slowly starting to ease out of it. "Can you believe you and Dansby have been dating a month already?" Megan asks as Dansby throws a guy out from short.

"I know. I feel like we were just down there but it's already been a month." I keep my eyes on the tv.

"Crazy how fast time flies." She nods.

My phone buzzes next to me making me pick it up.

Unknown:
Hey Taegan. I know you know I'm back in town, I was wondering if we could meet up and talk... maybe have a coffee? Miss you
~JR

"Oh my god." I gasp reading the text.

"What? What is it?" Megan ask leaning over to look at my phone. "Oh why the hell is John texting you. Let me have that, I'll give I'm a piece of my mind again."

"No Megan stop." I push her hand way as she reaches for the phone. "Should I meet him?"

"No! What kind of question is that?" Megan yells.

"Meg I need answer. I never got them." I sigh looking at my phone in my lap.

Megan watches my face carefully. "Tae, how much did you tell Dansby?"

I look up at her with tears in my eyes. "Most of it."

"What did you tell him." She says sternly.

"I told him what happened the beach and how he cheated." I whip a tear from my eye.

Megan crosses her arms staring at me from across the couch. "So you didn't tell him that John had been hitting you for months and you kept it hit. You didn't tell him about you "falling down the stairs" and ending up in the hospital."

"I DID fall down the stairs!" I correct her.

"Taegan you did not fall he pushed you." She glares. "I don't know why you still defend him."