•63•

"Taegan if you don't hurry up we're never going to make our flight!" Megan exclaims standing impatiently at the door.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Let me just finish this one price sheet andddddd done!" I exclaim closing my laptop. "We're ready to go now."

Megan looks at me annoyed and rolls her eyes. "Why didn't you finish that last night?" She asks as I pick up my bag.

"Because last night I took Munson and Bentley over to Jeremy and Nicole, then I ended up hanging over there until like 12:30." I explain while tossing my suitcase into the car.

"Well I just want you to know I am annoyed." I chuckle at her and nod.

"Yea you made that very clear." I shake my head. "Have you talked to Ender this morning?"

"No he's not awake yet. No surprise there. Have you talked to Dansby?" She asks.

"Yea I text him this morning telling him when our flight was and that we'd make the game today." I say.

"I can't believe this is the last series." Megan admits making me agree.

"I know. We met the guys back in April, it's hard to believe it's been 6 months." I still can't wrap my head around the idea that Dansby and I had been together for six months now.

"Best six months of my life." I nod in agreement. "You know I was talking with Ender the other night and he mentioned taking me to Venezuela with him for a month over the break.

I turn to her excited while still trying to keep my eyes on the road. "No way! Meg that's amazing. You'll get to meet his family."

"Yea and I'm kind of freaking out about that. This man is literally about to take me across the world to meet his mom." She takes a deep breath.

"That means he really loves you. Ender doesn't take just any girl back to his home." I attempt to calm her. "Besides I don't think anyone could hate you."

Megan let's out a scoff. "Need I remind you about Andrew's mom." I had to stifle my laugh as she brings that one up.

"Ok so what if one mom kicked you out of her house for saying shit at the dinner table." I laugh lightly making her hit me.

"It wasn't funny I really liked him!" She defends.

"Sorry it was kinda funny though considering her son dropped the f bomb every other word at school." I continue laughing.

"I hate you." She grumbles as I pull into the airport.

As much as I love getting to see my man play I absolutely hate the airport. It stresses me out beyond belief and I'm normal a pretty calm person. Weaving our way through the airport Megan and I make our way through security and to our gate finally. After waiting for an hour we finally bored the plane.

To: Dans💙❤️
Hey babe, just got on the plane. See you in a few😘

From: Dans💙❤️
Alright thanks for letting me know. Be safe, call me when you land. I love you😘

I put my phone on airplane mode preparing for the flight. I'm thankful the flight to Miami isn't long because I am not a fan of flying. After landing Megan and I made our way through the airport.

We were heading to the hotel to check in then going over to the field seeing as the guys were already over there for warmups.

"Remember the last time we came here." Megan smiled as we walked into the same hotel.

I nod letting my smile grow. "I do, it's wear I opened up to Dansby about John for the first time."

Megan gave my shoulder a squeeze before walking up to the front desk and checking in. Gathering our things we headed up to the room to drop our stuff off before heading to the field.

The game was close but the Braves fell to the marlins once again 5-6. Dansby wasn't in the greatest of moods when I saw him down on the field which was to be expected. So I did what I always do when I can tell he's pissed off before I even reach him, I walked up gave him a kiss told him I loved him and that I'd see him back at the hotel, which is where I am now.

Megan and I had been back at the room for about an hour now when Dansby texted me to come down to their room and Ender was going up to ours. As soon as the door opened I could see the exhaustion on his face. "Oh baby." I say giving him a small smile as I walk in.

"What?" He questions taking my bags from my hands.

"You look exhausted, have you been sleeping much this road trip?" I ask running my hand through his hair as he sits on the bed.

"Not really." He shakes his head. "I've been rooming with Ender and you know he snores like a freight train."

I let out a light laugh at how true that was. "That I do. Now you sir need a good nights rest, so come on." I open the covers up waiting for him to climb in next to me.

"Mhm I always sleep good with you in my arms." He hums pulling me close.

**********
"Wohoo that's my boy!" I cheered as Dansby singled to left knocking Markakis putting us up by one in the last game of the year. "Atta baby Dans!" I scream clapping.

García comes into to pinch hit for Jace and on a two-one count launches one into deep center over the fence. "Hell yes!" Megan screams as we both jump up and down cheering.

Megan was a little less than thrilled that they sat Ender today, but they had warned him the night before. When the game was over and the Braves won 8-5 we made our way down to the field to greet our boys. Flashing out passed the security let's us through and I immediately jump into Dansby's arms.

"I am so proud of you Superstar." I grin kissing him.

"Thanks pretty girl." He chuckles setting me down. "How does it feel to survive your first season as a baseball girlfriend?" He asks chuckling lightly.

"Ehh your worth the loneliness sometimes. What about you though, how does it feel to finish your first full season as a major leaguer?" I ask wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Amazing. Exhausting but amazing." I laugh shaking my head.

"As soon as we get home you can sleep for a week without interruption." I say kissing him again.

"I can't argue with that now can I?" He smiles taking my hand. "Come on the faster I pack my stuff up the faster we can get home."

While I was sitting out in the lounge waiting on Dansby I decided to make my end of season post like all the other girlfriends and wives.

Liked by megandrews, chelseafreeman and 23,028 othersTaeganzaiser 6 months ago baseball was just a sport that I enjoyed watching and going to the occasional game

Taeganzaiser 6 months ago baseball was just a sport that I enjoyed watching and going to the occasional game. Never once did I imagine it would become such a huge part of my life. Dansby I have watched you grow so much as a player in your first full season with the Braves and I cannot express how proud of you I am. You took the adversity thrown at you and used it to make you better. You ignored all the hate and kept your love for baseball. I love you and your heart for the sport, I'm am so thankful to get to share the experience with you💙❤️ I love you 7.
138 comments
Bri_pugh I think I just cried reading this😭
Braves glad to have you as a part of our team⚾️