•39•

I woke up Sunday with a pounding headache, I don't even remember past 1 last night. Looking to my right I see Dansby laying on his stomach with his head turned away from me. Leaning over I pressed kisses to his shoulder hoping to wake him up. "Mmh good morning." He rolls over on to his back.

"Morning. Where's your Advil?" I ask sheepishly. My head was honestly pounding and I know I went full Tae last night.

Dansby chuckles throwing the covers off and heading into his kitchen while I remain in bed. He returns seconds later with a Powerade and two Advils. "Here." He smiles handing them to me.

"Uh thank you." I sigh putting the pills in my mouth and taking them. "How mad would you be if I didn't come to the game today and stayed home to set up for the cookout?" I ask cautiously.

"I wouldn't be mad at all. I know you want to make this special for your brother." I smile at his understanding. "Hey can we uh talk about something?" He asks running a hand through his hair.

My eyes go wide and all I can think is what the hell did I do last night. "Uh oh no am I gonna hate this?"

Dansby smiles and shakes his head. "No, at least I don't think you will. It's just last night you said something and it got me thinking." He trails off.

"Oh god what the hell did I say." I put my head in my hands.

Dansby's grabs my face pulling me up to look at him and into his lap. "Relax baby. Anyways as I was saying, last night you said something and it really got me thinking and I realized something. I realized how in love with you I am. I've know for a while now but I was scared you wouldn't feel the same, then I wanted it to be the perfect moment and all that but sitting here looking at you this morning I realize what is more perfect than just being with you." I stare at Dansby in awe as he speaks, my heart fluttering at every word. "I love you Taegan."

Letting my heart take action I lean forward pressing my lips to his making both of us fall backwards. "I love you too." I smile pulling away. "You are the best thing that's happened to me in a while."

"I couldn't agree more." Dansby nods kissing me again. "And as much as I would love to stay here with you all day, I do have a game today." I groan as he pulls away.

"Ugh and I need to decorate." I flop back on the bed as Dansby stands up and heads into his closet. "Do you want me to take Bentley to my place when I leave so she can come to the party to." I ask petting her as she jumps up on the bed.

"Yea I think she would like that." He calls from the closet. "I think she's beginning to think your place is her home. I swear she's over there more that here."

I laugh leaning down and kissing her nose. "That's cause her daddy is always leaving on road trips." Dansby pops his head out glaring at me.

"That makes me sound like the bad guy." He frowns.

"I think Bentley understands." I begin as I stand up walking over to him. "She knows it's your job and that you love her." I say wrapping my arms around his neck.

Dansby looks at me amused. "Is that so? Did she tell you that herself?"

I nod running a hand through his messy hair. "Yup, me and her had a real heart to heart last road trip." Dansby laughs shaking his head before stealing a kiss and returning to his search for something to where. "I think you should wear that mauve colored shirt, it makes your arms look good." I say scanning his clothes.

He turns to me confused and wide eyed. "What the hell is mauve?"

I laugh walking over and pulling the shirt I was talking about. "This is mauve."

"You mean pink." He says taking the shirt from my hands.

"No I mean mauve, it's a pink/purple mix." I chuckle rolling my eyes.

"Ok well I'm going to call this pink and you can call it whatever you want." He says throwing it over his shoulder and heading towards his pants.

"If you want I can just take your clothes with me when I leave so you don't have to come back here, you can just come straight to my place." I offer reaching for a pair of shoes that would match his outfit.

"Sounds good, I can go ahead and throw some burgers on the grill that way we can have them going before people get there." He agrees grabbing a bag and tossing all his things in there. "Hat or no hat?" He holds one up.

"No hat, I love seeing you're curls." I ruffle his hair making him roll his eyes. "But you may want to toss some cologne in there."

"Yea, yea I know. Oh hey mom text me and asked if she needed to bring anything." He mentions.

"Nope we've got everything me need. Tell her thank you though." I smile at him going back into his room and gather my things.

"Hey I've gotta head out will you lock up?" He asks walking out in a Braves shirt and Braves shorts.

"Of course, and I'll take Bentley with me. Now go kick some ass today Superstar. I'll be watching ever second." I grin giving him yet another kiss.

"I'll try, I love you." He says shooting me a wink.

"I love you too superstar."
*********
"Thanks for staying back and helping." I say hanging up yet another picture of Jeremy and Nicole.

"Of course, Jere is practically my brother so I feel obliged to help." She laugh lighting the candle on the table. 

I take a step back admiring the decorations we had set up. I've got to say I think I've out done myself. Pulling out my phone I snap a picture of my work before turning to Megan.

"So something happened this morning

"So something happened this morning." I grin walking over to the pool and taking a seat on the edge.

"Oh yea what's that?" She questions sitting next to me.

"Dansby told me he loves me." Megan looks at me excited and lets out a squeal before pulling me into a hug.

"Ugh I'm so happy for you Taegan. You deserve this." I think her smile was bigger than mine when Dansby first said it.

"Thanks, but I think I'd have to argue with you on that. I definitely don't deserve Dansby, he's so humble and innocent." Megan lets out a snort beside me making me look up.

"He didn't seem innocent last night." I roll my eyes at her trying to recollect my thoughts.

"No really though like my past with JR and the whole Kalin situation, I just feel like I have so much baggage that he doesn't need." I sigh kicking my feet in the water.

"He knows about all that and he doesn't care obviously." She attempts to assure me. "Besides obviously JR is giving up, I mean he bought a house so that was his surrender."

"I know but I just have this gut feeling that he's not done, like he still has a card up his sleeve." I admit.

"I'm sure you're just being panicky, you have nothing to worry about." She says laying a hand on my shoulder.

God I hope she's right.