Chapter I: Parties Sure Suck

Big parties weren't John's favorite places. Sure, he'd go to a bar, get drunk with his friends, dance a little, and that's that; but big college parties in huge houses and gigantic pools and blasting music? That wasn't his favorite place to be. Why was he there in the first place then?

Because of Alexander Hamilton. His roommate. He barely met him a week ago, and managed to drag him outside of his room and his laptop with the party bribe, he himself forgetting that he hated parties; but everything for Alexander, right?

"I can't believe you managed you get me off of my desk, but I'm thankful, this party is great." said Alexander, laughing faintly, John just hummed.

"It's alright, I guess, I wouldn't call it great." he rolled his eyes at his last statement, managing to get a chuckle off of Alexander, which made him smile.

'Dammit John, barely a week and you're already crushing on the guy, you don't even know what his favorite color is!... ugh damn it, yes you do, is green.' While he debated himself in his mind, he noticed, Alexander wasn't sitting besides him anymore.

He took a few moments to take in his surroundings. The typical, people grinding on the dance floor, and since this was a house, the dance floor was everywhere. Some people were already drunk, heck, he swore he even saw a boy under 21 getting drunk, but that was none of his business, was it? Some other people where outside in the pool, and because of the cristal doors, he had a perfect view of the terrace, there was maybe more water outside the pool than inside of it. Also, the flashing, colorful lights were starting to give him a headache. Overall, he hated everything, and the only actual person that he came with and that made him comfortable probably went to go and fuck some girl in one of the rooms upstairs.

'Great going, John, you're crushing on the guy and you don't even know if he's gay! Heck, you don't even know if he's in the least, bi-curious!' He scolded himself for a bit, when he decided to look up to the bar, and straightened his back when he saw Alexander talking to a girl. He recognized the girl, how couldn't he? She was one of the 'Schuyler Sisters'. Basically they were known because they're one of the few that don't have to worry about money, didn't need any scholarships, well, John couldn't judge, he was one of those too, but he didn't liked saying that out loud; he did knew because everyone knows they're rich as fuck. He was talking to Elizabeth Schuyler; he took a class with her, and she was probably one of the nicest people he knew.

He looked at their interaction. Alexander talked a lot, Eliza just smiled and said the recurring comment. John had no idea what they were talking about, but Eliza seemed so into the conversation that Alexander could be talking about the unjust minimum wage and she would've listened to it like it was a religion.

John felt the pang of jealousy hit him on the chest, really hard, but hey, he had to suck it up, right? It was just a crush, it'll go away and he'll find a cute guy, they'll dance to the current song that was playing; Beyoncé, maybe? John didn't care, he just played with the rest of his drink as he saw Alexander flirt with Elizabeth Schuyler.

They cherry of the jealousy cake, was when Eliza took a small pen of her handbag, and grabbed Alexander's hand, and his hand started getting a faint hue, not only his hand, but also Eliza's. They both started getting color, and they noticed, they looked at each other, and smiled. John read Eliza's lips. 'Call me soon' and she walked away.

Alexander sprinted back to John. "John! John, she was–"

"Elizabeth Schuyler." John faked a smile. "Is that color I see on you?" he teased faintly, trying to hide the faint jealousy.

"She was amazing, John. One might get the wrong impression because she was these expensive purses and skirts and shoes and accessories, but when we started talking she was extremely kind. And when she touched my hand I felt like my whole world came to have at least a faint sense to it!" he raised his hand. John looked confused. "High five, John." he laughed. John blushed embarrassed and hit Alexander's hand in the high-five. Quickly feeling a few tingles on them. His eyes went wide and took the hand to his lap quickly. Alexander didn't noticed, he was still ranting about how great and pretty Eliza was.

But John wasn't paying attention anymore, his was looking at his hand.

His hand wasn't black and white anymore... it had hue.
It has color.