Chapter XX: Finally Reach Campus

The rest of the ride was spent in silence, Alexander was still half shocked, John was proud of what he did, but the did not need any words to express how they felt. It took a few more hours, but they were finally entering the area of the campus. John looked at the buildings thinking 'Great, we're going back to class... dammit' he groaned internally, but other than that, he was glad they he would finally see his friends again, and finish his studies already, graduate, make his own money, and not have to depend off of his father anymore.

Alexander, on the other hand, just wanted to go back to class and catch up in the three classes he most likely lost and see Eliza again. He drove over to the campus parking lot, 8:30 pm, and texted Eliza a simple: 'Finally back here! I'm the parking lot if you wanna come!' And Eliza, as soon as she saw the text, left all her school work alone and sprinted over to the parking lot to meet with Alexander once again after three to four days. Alexander was looking for his suitcases in the trunk, when he felt her arms around him.

She hugged him tightly. "Finally your back here!" she said hugging him tightly, which Alexander did too. She pulled away from the hug and gave him a loving kiss on the lips, Alexander chuckled in the middle of the kiss. She pulled away before Alexander could react, and ran over to John, who had his backpack around his shoulder. "John!" she hugged him tight as possible, which John hugged back a bit awkwardly, she never hugged him like this, why was she doing it. "Have you told him yet?" she asked quickly in a hushed, small whispers

"I haven't." John whispered back. So that's what she wanted, to know if John had already told Alex. He felt her groan annoyed, but didn't pull away from the hug.

"You have to tell him, John! Stop making decisions for him, please, this will be better for both of you if you just tell him the truth." she said exasperatedly.

John groaned, and whispered back. "I already told you, Eliza, I can't tell him, I can't ruin his life that way. It would be selfish." he looked up at Alex.

"It wouldn't be selfish!" she whispered, somehow still hugging him.

"Yes it would! Imagine if you're happy as fuck with someone and then someone tells you, 'hey, you're my soulmate too, now you have to pick!' That would be hella rude." he whispered back and looked up at Alexander, his expressions weren't those of happiness nor expressions of simple delight.

"Who cares about that, you can't pick for him, who knows, maybe he'll pick both!" she whispered back at him with a small shrugs "Maybe he wants you, maybe me, maybe both, but making that important decision for him is a dick move!" she whispered, strict and a motherly way.

"We've been hugging for too long!" hissed John and pulled away from the hug, and turned to Alex, whose faces showed jealousy. Who was Alexander jealous off? He didn't knew; Alexander only knew that he didn't liked it. John walked over to him, and ran his hand through Alex's forehead. "Smooth it out, you'll get ugly wrinkles, you know?" said the southern laughing, Eliza giggled. Alexander smiled, he was jealous, but seeing both Eliza and John, laughing and giggling, lifted his mood like nothing else in the whole wide world, so he smiled too. "See? That's so, so much better!"

Alexander just rolled his eyes once again and smiled. "Anyway, umm, John, I'm glad I could help you with your family ball problem, and be there for you when you needed me, see you on the dorm tomorrow?" he asked, wrapping an arm around Eliza's shoulder, she looked at John.

"To- Tomorrow? But it's nighttime." said John, tilting his head confused. Alexander threw him a small 'don't you get it?' look, and John caught up with the meaning. "Oh! You wanna spend time with Eliza! Yeah sure! Go ahead, you two are soulmates after all." he winked at them, smiling.

"John..." Eliza was about to approach John, Alex stopped her.

"Okay, see you tomorrow then, John!" Alexander smiled and turned around. He started walking off, Eliza by his side. She glanced back at John with a judging stare, and Alexander knew exactly what she was thinking at that exact moment. 'What a stupid guy! He should just tell Alex!' and John knew he should too but, he was just too happy with Eliza, and back at the room he admitted to feeling the soulmate attraction, if he chose Eliza, all that would be gone, and he didn't want it gone.

He started walking back to his dorm, taking both his and Alexander's suitcases in his arms, which were extremely heavy. 'Thanks for the help, Alexander!' he groaned and quickly walked over to his bed and laid down, thinking about Alexander and the moments they shared. 'He only did it to help you, not because he wants you the same way you do! He said he lusted after you, not that he loved you, so what's really the point John? Are you really going to keep torturing yourself with this?... well, John Laurens, the answer is, and will always be, no.'

Meanwhile, in Eliza's dorm, she and Alexander were trying to sneak in a way so they could be in her dorm in peace and just cuddle and talk. Once they made it, Alexander instantly laid on the bed and breathed deeply. "That ride was exhausting, you know?" he said, while Eliza texted Peggy to make sure they will be alone. She smiled at Alexander and laid down besides him, sideways, with her arm on top of Alexander's torso, holding him closer to her. She wanted to pay attention to Alexander, but the two soulmate things was eating all her thoughts.

"Alexander, what would you do if you had two soulmates?" she asked, trying to play it off as casual, he fingers drawing patterns on his chest, looking for a sign to tell John that he could do it, that he didn't need to be scared of telling Alexander the truth.

"I dunno, why you ask?" shrugged Alexander as he took his hand to her hair and started to slowly stroke it.

"I was just... curious, you know." she shrugged and moved closer him. "Sometimes people can have two soulmates, what would you do if that happened to you?" she asked.

"Depends on who they are, you know? But one person is enough for me... I think polyamorous people often have more than two soulmates, that's great." he said smiling faintly. 'I'm getting nowhere with this!' thought Eliza a bit desperately.

"And don't you have feelings for anybody else or something? It could happen, you know?" she whispered, wishing to somehow hear a yes. Why was she desperate for John to tell Alexander, because the books she read clearly said 'The individual with both soulmates must know about both situations and make a true, heart felt decision. If it doesn't happen that way, the individual will be very much confused and not be able to love anyone truly.' And John didn't wanted her to tell Alexander, she had to respect that, but she was desperate.

"Feelings for someone else?" repeated Alexander, looking to the side, his mind instantly drifted to 'John' but quickly tried to shake it off. "Of course not! You're the only one I want!"

"You sure?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Sure." he said nodding. 'Liar' thought Eliza, and rolled her eyes.

It's 3:15 am
Guess who's a sleep deprived idiot! Me, this bitch right here is!
~ Sarah 🌼