Chapter XXX: Love Isn't Fair

ANGSTY ENDING (tw)

John couldn't stop pacing on his room, it was gloomy and dark. Even though the sun shone bright and he could hear birds chirping, them ambient felt dull, monotonous, faded. Something inside John kept stirring the wrong way; he would normally blame it on all the cupcakes he ate, or maybe because he didn't had breakfast, but it just didn't felt right, it was a feeling that was making him physically sick and he hated to what it correlated to. That night, Alexander didn't slept arrived at their dorm, and John cried himself to sleep.

Every second that passed and John didn't saw Alexander's face, or merely just felt his presence, was a second that Alexander's decision was more clear to him. He hated that feeling; he hated knowing the outcome and not knowing the outcome, he still had a small string left of hope, he had something he could hold on too. He reached out for his sketchbook and got his drawing pencils out. He started drawing Alexander, not a nude drawing like the one he was just embarrassed of, but a normal drawing of Alexander. It was all out of memory.

He remembered the way his eyebrows furrowed when he was confused, the way he bit his lip when he was concentrated, the way his eyes darted around when he felt uncomfortable but how he could easily hide it, the way his eyes scrunched up because of laughing to hard. He memorized it all, everything was as clear as water to him.

He also remembered the anger in Alexander's eyes when he found out the truth. He closed his eyes, trying to forget it, but now it just kept screaming louder and louder.

'"Oh really? How can I be sure of that, soulmate?" "And now you're crying!? What, you want me to feel pity for you!?" "I trusted you, and you betrayed me; wether you like it or not, you betrayed me." "Good luck trying to earn my forgiveness, and by correlation, it would be a miracle if you even make it to the point of ever seeing me or feeling me as your soulmate ever again."'

Everything resonated loud in his mind, the scene as vivid as ever, he didn't noticed the pools of water that formed in his eyes, that fell over to his messy drawing of Alexander. He closed the sketchbook and hugged his knees. Breathing deeply, he just wanted everything to be over.

The door opened and John quickly looked up, it was probably Alexander coming back, but he was wrong. It wasn't Alexander. It was Thomas.

"What are you doing here?" hissed John sitting more stiff on his bed. "Listen, I don't care if you moved all the way–"

"I did not move all the way from Virginia to New York only to fuck you, stop tooting your own horn." Thomas rolled his eyes and closed the door. John said nothing and just glared at Thomas, not wanting him in his room. "It's just that acquired some... special information." he smirked, John tensed up.

"What kind of information?" asked John raising an eyebrow.

"How unlucky." said Thomas shrugging. "You know, that soulmate thing of yours... it would be a shame if you father found out." Thomas looked at his nails, magenta painted nails.

"You can't tell him!" said John quickly, standing up. "I'll– I'll get back with you if that's what you want!" she picked up Thomas's hand... Thomas colored hand. He had found his soulmate, anything John offered wouldn't work.

"Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen." said Thomas shrugging. "Do tell me how it all works out, although I do have an idea."  Thomas smirked evilly, his hand traveling to John's chin. "You should've just taken me when you had the chance, dear John." he was centimeters away from John's face, the smirk still on his lips. John growled at him.