Chapter XXV: I Won't Let You

"What!?" John hissed at them, looking at them with his eyes open wide. Lafayette looked at him seriously, Hercules had a worried expression, and Eliza just looked apologetic. "No, I won't let any of you! That's a privation of my privacy my decisions! Are you that selfish!?"

"Are you that selfish!?" said Lafayette, interrupting John with a glare, an imposing glare. "All you've done is victimize yourself. Thinking you're the only one that's hurting! What about Eliza!? Alexander's her soulmate too, or have you forgotten?"

"Lafayette, it's not that–" Eliza tried to interrupt Lafayette, but the Frenchman shook his head.

"No, Eliza, I'm tired of this already!" said Lafayette as he looked at her, then turned his stare back to John, who was looking outside the window. "Listen, John, you're hurting, I get it, but Eliza here, who was happy enough with Alexander, once she found out, she instantly jumped to to help you! You! Have you ever properly thanked her for not being possessive and not telling Alex and shipping you off to some far off country?" Lafayette raised an eyebrow, John just gulped.

"Babe, please calm down." said Hercules, but Lafayette decided to ignore, he took another deep breath.

"I jumped in to help you when you needed it, since the first day, but do you really, really think that this is something that could keep going till that Alexander dies?" Lafayette said. John looked at him, neutral expression, not really wanting to show any emotion at the moment, not when he was getting a very much annoying lecture from Lafayette.

"It's not my—"

"You should've planned something, you know?" Laf said as he let out a small breath, rubbing his temples.

"You know how much I've suffered to—"

"John, stop thinking about yourself for one second, fuck!" said Lafayette giving one last bite, to his muffin, he sighed and looked at John again. "Don't even get me started on Alexander, you know?" he crossed his arms.

"He doesn't even know, how could I–"

"Think! John, fuck, think!!" he said, his tone a bit desperate and slightly angry, John flinched. "Alexander is more confused than ever! Loving Eliza and you at the same time is not something everyone can manage, not everyone is polyamorous, John... you have to let him choose, and just because you're scared of being rejected you won't tell him!? Just because you want to protect yourself, you're making Alexander cheat on Eliza because he can't control himself, not around you, since he doesn't know the actual truth about his soulmate! Of course he would be confused after you buried your penis inside his ass!"

"... You what, John?" Eliza raised her eyebrows at him.

"Now's not the time." mumbled John, scratching the back of his neck. "And Laf, I thought you were my friend!" said John finishing his tea. 

"I am your friend! That's why I'm calling you out on all this bullshit, John. A good friend wouldn't stay silent when they see the other's life fall apart! You're only thinking about yourself!"

"Laf, tone it down." said Hercules, reaching to hold his hand. "We came here to help him, not to make him feel awfully guilty about his decisions." he said, Lafayette breathed deeply, but sat back down in silence, not saying another word, and John decided to do the same, he crossed his arms and looked out of the window, trying to forget all of his problems and just try and be normal for once. He felt the tension coursing through the air, Eliza was fidgeting with her fingers under the table, Lafayette was still trying to calm half his anger, and Hercules just sat there, tense, feeling a bit awkward, so he decided to speak up.

"Listen, John–" Hercules started, John interrupted.

"What, you're going to tell me how my decisions are wrong? How all I do is think about myself and I'm an egotistical brat who, apparently, is not thinking about his friends!? Because if so, feel free to do so, Lafayette already warmed up the spot for you by being such a great friend, didn't you Laf!?"

"I- I think I'll go–" mumbled Eliza, trying to stand up, but Hercules grabbed her hand, like the king at her with kind eyes.

"Stay, we'll talk it out." said Hercules, trying to ignore the glares Lafayette and John sent each other. Eliza sat back down, and stayed silent. Hercules breathed deeply, and spoke up. "Listen John, we only want what's best for you, and we know that not telling Alexander is something that... well you just–" Hercules breathed deeply, he didn't want to call John 'self-centered', but he was acting like that.

"Just say it, can't be worse than what Lafayette already said, can it?" John hissed at him, Hercules glared.

"John, please accept the truth, you're mostly victimizing yourself when this problem is something that goes to all three of you." said Hercules.

"All three!? Eliza is okay! Aren't you Eliza?" John snapped at both of them, and looked at Eliza, raising an eyebrow. "Right? You are definitely, completely okay."

Eliza bit her lip nervously, she looked to the side and breathed deeply. "I'm... fine, I guess." she said breathing, a bit low. "It does hurt, but it's alright!" she looked back at them. John's expression was neutral, Lafayette was still looking outside, and Hercules looked at her in a reassuring manner.

"See? She's okay!" said John crossing his arm.

"The fuck is wrong with you, John!?" Hercules snapped. "You're not like this! You're not rude, much less a fucking dick!" John flinched, Hercules never snapped at anyone, no matter what reason, he always kept his chill. "What? Cat got your tongue?"

John stayed silent, hugging himself and grabbing a cookie from the platter.

"Fine." said Hercules. "We'll go, but take this, you have three days, or the three of us are going to talk to him personally, and tell him everything." he stood up, Lafayette also stood up. "So either you tell him, and spare him get hurt at the thought that you lied to him for almost two months! Or we tell him, and you risk loosing him completely." Hercules and Lafayette walked out of the café, leaving John with Eliza alone in the booth.

It was an awkward silence, John felt anxiety build up in his stomach, so did Eliza. Alex's decision would be dropped in less than a week, and one of their hearts was going to be completely broken by rejection of their own soulmate. They weren't ready, neither of them, but it needed to happen, even if it was against John's wishes, and Eliza was scared to death.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way—"

"I'm sorry I trusted you." snapped John under his breath, Eliza breathed deeply, trying to forget it.

"—but it had to happen, one way or another, Alexander just, he had to find out! Even if it is against your wishes."

"I was going to do it!" he snapped, and Eliza sighed.

"But when!?! When were you planning on telling him!?" she asked, his silence was enough for her to understand. "Alexander desires you, he appreciates me, those feelings need to be focused on one person, that only happens when he makes the decision! And you can't pick for him."

"Just leave me alone, Elizabeth." John stood up and left, about to cry.

I need a co-writer for my crack fic about the founding mothers. Anyone who has a great sense of humor, hmu.
Also happy birthday to Sara! Her birthday is today, July 6!!
~Sarah🌼