Chapter XIII: Bonding Through Suffering

Since I'm so kind, I made sure this chapter was long and fluffy before we go back to the angst. This has both Hamliza and Lams, because we can't discard that Eliza is also Alexander's soulmate.
Also: Henry Laurens wasn't this bad in real life, but he also wasn't best father of the year or of the whole entire century.

John stayed on the floor for a few minutes, after he managed to calm his sobs down. He walked over to the sink and splashed his face with water. 'Don't worry about his opinion, John... it's not worth it' he kept telling himself inside his head, but it didn't felt real to him. It was his father, up until he was fifteen, his father was the best human being ever to exist, and now? He just felt awful. Having your father tell you that he'd enjoy killing you is not something that hits easy. 'Congratulations, John, you're crying like a damn coward.' he said and stood up straight, feeling his face less sticky, because of the tears and and the spit.

He picked up the plates again, and started walking up the stairs over to where Alexander was staying. He tried to get some strands of curls to hide his eyes, but it wasn't enough. If he just hid it well, everything would be okay.

He opened Alexander's door and saw him sitting on the bed, headphones on and watching something on the laptop. When he saw John entered, he smiled. "Finally, food." he chuckled. "Thanks, John, you know, for bringing it up here."

"It's no problem." John's voice cracked slightly, and he prayed to the heavens that it went unnoticed by Alexander. "Pardon my voice, I'm not feeling very well, must be a cold."

"A cold, but 20 minutes ago your voice sounded perfectly fine." said Alexander raising an eyebrow, John just looked away. "Are you completely sure you're fine, John?"

"I said I was fine, Alex, just take my word for it!" he snapped this time, trying to mask off his weak voice, and the redness of his cheek. "I'll be going to my room now, see you tomorrow." he picked up his own plate and walked out of the room with the last word, leaving a very confused Alexander sitting on the bed, not eating, since he was too busy worrying over John, but the other side of him was also worried about Eliza, so he took out his phone, and texted her.

To: Eliza👑
Hey there, darling! I know it's pretty late, but I just wanted to see how you were doing

To: Alex🌴
Hey Alexander! I'm so glad to hear you're safe, nothing much has happened here. How about you? How were those 12 hours in the car?

To: Eliza👑
Pretty tiring tbh.
The house is magnificent, I never imagined John to be one of those rich people? He didn't dress like one.

To: Alex🌴
His family is horrible anyway, so I hope you're okay 🌸

To: Eliza👑
I am okay. Not so sure about Johnny. He seems pretty off, has been acting like that ever since we arrived.

To: Alex🌴
You should check on him, you know? I heard from some people that John never had it easy down in that house. Probably go over to him and talk, that would be nice.

To: Eliza👑
Very well, see you in two days, darling !

To: Alex🌴
Hope you're safe. Call me when you're done?

To: Eliza👑
You got it👌🏽

Alexander placed his phone in his pocket and stood up. He placed his phone down on the bed, and breathed deeply. He could do this, it was just a tittle chat with John, nothing could go wrong, at least that's what Alexander thought. He grabbed some decent pants, since he was only in his underwear and put them on. He grabbed his food and walked over to John's bedroom. He opened the door, the lights were off in the bedroom, but he could see a silhouette in the bed. "John? It's me, I wanted to—"