Zero - Flashback

<3<3<3

--------------------

[[ Intro ]]

--------------------

It's been just about 100 years since the most recent war between Vampires and Werewolves. This war lasted about 1,000 years and was completely unnecessary. It only started because some idiot Werewolf of normal pack status decided to flip off a Vampire noble, which was completely stupid to do. Seriously, those Vampires need to chill. A 1,000 war for FLIPPING one of them off?! Anyway, this land is ruled by three dominating groups: the Werewolves, the Vampires, and the Werecats. Humans live among all three and most of them are completely unaware of the supernaturals. Werewolves are supernaturals that are part- human and part-wolf, meaning they can shift into wolves. Werecats are pretty much the same thing just that they can shift into a variety of wild cats. And Vampires are, well, Vampires. During the many wars between Vampires and Werewolves, Werecats mainly stayed out of it and watched from the sidelines, not wanting to get involved.

--------------------

[Rio's POV] 

--------------------

Please, just call me Rio. My full name is Rioko White, but RIO is PERFECTLY fine so you should only ever address me as Rio. I'm a Werecat who apparently has an attitude? Not true, I'm an angel. Anyway, yeah, I'm what you would call a Werecat. We're basically the same as Werewolves, but instead of shifting into wolves, we shift into various wild cats. Cool, huh? The even better thing is that we don't have to wait until a certain age for us to shift, we as Werecats normally shift when we're young. I shifted while I was in my first year of middle school, which was absolutely terrifying cause I was in the middle of a math test. Also perfect timing cause I didn't have to finish the test. But I still had to take it another day.

I bet you're just dying to know what kind of cat I shifted into. Well, that's understandable. My cat is a Cheetah. This shocked my family because most of my family are leopards since we live in the mountains. Cheetahs are also pretty uncommon, not rare, just not easy to come across.

The moment I shifted was magical, and painful.

--------------------

*** Flashback ***

--------------------

We were told that this test was going to be the hardest test of the year, in math that is. There was literally no kid in the class who was 100% confident that they would get a good grade, not even 80% confident. Especially me, someone who isn't the brightest in this class. I wasn't a particularly loud or distracted kid, I've just never been good at math. I'm actually pretty quiet and reserved, someone who you'd think would be good at this subject, which again I'm not. When I was little I thought that I enjoyed math, that it was fun. Then middle school came around and suddenly they're throwing negatives and weird looking shapes in our direction, which really caught me off guard. Seriously though, teachers are evil if they think it's okay to teach geometry to 6th graders.

Our math teacher, Mrs. Beryy (like berry but spelled weird), began handing out our test. As soon as I got mine, I almost gasped. The thing was FIVE PAGES. I took my pencil in my hand and sighed before I started the test. I was finishing up the first page when my ears started acting weird. Suddenly I could hear things that I couldn't hear before, like I can hear Mr. Gard talking to some other student in the hallway (the kid probably got in trouble or something). This increased hearing started to distract me, but I continued my test and tried to ignore it. Then it hit me. Hard. Suddenly I couldn't breath and my body was in pain. I raised my hand and Mrs. Beryy walked over. Once she arrived at my desk, I told her what was happening, speaking in between breaths. She apparently immediately understood what was happening and took my hand, telling me that she was going to take me outside. She then told me that I was shifting for the first time.

What scared me was that I knew I was a Werecat but my class didn't. My class was one of the classes that had all three, Werewolves, Vampires, and Werecats. Sometimes Werecats got bullied by the alpha wolves and the Vampire nobles because of how timid we always are, at least we're only timid on the outside.

I almost let out a scream as Mrs. Beryy brought me outside. I managed to look around to see that almost all the classes had stopped and students were looking out the window at the scene outside. My legs gave out and I couldn't stand anymore. I fell on the ground, waiting for when I completely shift. I couldn't hold in my screams as I felt my bones breaking, moving, and reforming in my body.

Once everything was over, I opened my eyes. I was closer to the ground than before so that told me that I wasn't a very tall cat. I watched as Mrs. Beryy went back inside, only to come back out with a large mirror. She stood the mirror in front of me so that I could see myself, to see what cat I shifted into. One glance at the mirror caused me to gasp of surprise and excitement, I shifted into a Cheetah. 

My best friend, Emily, walked out and jumped with excitement. She rushed over and grabbed me into a tight hug, which caused me to fall over since I wasn't used to my new form yet. She wasn't a Werecat or a Werewolf, my best friend was a Vampire. My family doesn't like Vampires but she has always been an exception because she never acted like a stuck up Vampire like the rest of them.

"Want to go on a run?" She asked me after letting me go so I could breathe again. I just nodded, not wanting to speak after everything that happened. She winked at me, letting me know that she liked my cat form, and bolted into a random direction. I ran after her, glad that she chose to go towards the woods that borders the school grounds. We ran for a while. I chose to not go as fast as a Cheetah normally can so that I don't run out of energy too quickly. I felt the breeze in my fur, and if I was in my human form, I would obviously be grinning brightly.

--------------------

*** End Flashback ***

--------------------

A//N 

Good morning/afternoon/evening! 

I hope you're all liking this story so far! Leave a comment if you think I should keep this story going or if you have any tips for me! Thank you so much for reading!

Love you all~! 

-  <3  Miya

--------------------

<3<3<3