Home sweet home

"YES!" I shout in joy.

"Remember what I told you..." Dr. White begins.

"Yeah, I know. You won't be seeing me here for a while." I reply. "Not to be rude or anything, but can I go now?" He nods.

I begin to bolt out of the room, but stop suddenly as I realize my orders. I grin sheepishly as he raises an eyebrow warningly. I exaggerate my movements to show him I am taking care of my body. As soon as I'm out of his sight, I sprint to the hospital exit.

I groan as I pause and rest up. I think I sprinted less than fifty meters and I was already winded. Actually, my ribs were aching. Maybe I should have listened to the doctor or something? He could be onto something since he did go through medical school...

I scan around for my parents, Sunny, or just anyone I can recognize. All I see is a black, shiny Mercedez-Benz. It's one of those tinted ones that look all nice. Those always look so cool in movies. Usually, in movies the bad guys come out from here and start wreaking havoc... I conclude that my ride must not be here yet. I frown as I go sit down on the bench. I had expected to leave the hospital as soon as I was discharged. Grabbing my cellphone, I dial for Sunny.

"Hello?" Sunny picks up.

"Who's picking me up?" I ask while watching everything around me. It's getting dark, and after the small kidnapping with Drake, I'm not exactly comfortable being out alone at night.

"Drake should be on his way." He replies.

"What!" I scream. "Why? Where's dad, mom, and why can't you do it?" I do not want to be anywhere near Drake right now. Drake will have to kidnap me again to force me into a car with him. I don't go down easily.

"Dad is held up at the gym. I'm fixing my bike. Your mom is out at a meeting." I can hear his inquiring tone. "What's up with Drake? I know you have been avoiding him, but you can't avoid him forever."

"I can try." I stick out my tongue. Oh wait, he can't see that.

"Emmy..." He sighs. I can imagine him running his fingers through his hair right now. He does that when he's annoyed. "It's not like you can walk home."

"Fine. Bye." I grumble, hanging up on him. I start to back up as I see two men step out from the car and approach me. They don't look particularly friendly-both are probably a foot taller and built like a bodybuilder. Alarms are going through my head as I spot their sunglasses. Who wears sunglasses at night? I gulp and inch towards the hospital entrance. I doubt I could hope to outrun them two huge overly fit dudes, maybe I could lose them in the complex hallways of the hospital.

"Get in the car." The guy on the right, who has a buzz cut and nasty scar on his left cheek, demands.

"My momma told me not to talk to strangers." I smirk and turn to run away. The grin dies away as the guys grip my shoulders and pull me into the car. Yep, the shiny, black car. These guys have fast reflexes. I try to fight back. I really do try, but I can't do much without my ribs worsening.

"Stop fighting Emma." A familiar voice orders from inside the car.

"Drake, you freaking arsehole!" I struggle against the guys to get at him. They easily hold onto me without breaking a sweat.

"Do I have to tie you up?" Zach chuckles from the car. He's here?

"Oh, you got to be kidding me..." I groan. "What did I do to deserve this?" I ask the skies. Reluctantly, I crawl into the car, but I give everyone a stink eye.

"What? I don't get a hello?" Zach jokes, but his eyes hold no warmth.

"This is kidnapping! Jason and my parents will find out! I know the hospital has cameras." I say this rather proudly. They aren't going to get away with this.

"Actually, there seems to be a sort of malfunction in the cameras. And Drake will handle the affairs with your family. This won't even take long." He explains it quickly, sounding impatient with me. I do that to people sometimes.

"Well, what do you want?" I spit out. Forgive me if I'm feeling bitter. I just got out of the stupid hospital only to see Zach and Drake's ugly mug. (They may not be actually ugly, but it makes me feel better if I call them ugly hags).

"Your part of the deal." He stares down at me. Well darn, I hoped he forgot about it. A packet magically appears in his hands. Wow, I must be really out of practice already if I did not see him grab that. He hands it at me suddenly. I let out a small oomph as I misjudge the heaviness of the packet. "You need to follow these instructions and memorize all this information."

"What if I don't want to?" I should tape my mouth close because one day Zach will totally snap and beat me to a pulp. His eyes flare at my disrespect.

"You wouldn't like what would happen..." He says ominously. I can tell he means it. It's not like I would be foolish to disobey his demands when I'm sandwiched between two steroid-filled giants. They can step and crush me! My mouth actually obeys me for once and shuts up.

"Have a good night Emmalyn. I shall see you soon." He nods. I think he is much more scarier when he's acting courteous than when he's his usual sadistic self. His grin is more bone-chilling than warm. Honestly, I would rather him never smile at me ever again.

"Soon?" I catch the word. That means I have to see him again. I watch as the car drives off, leaving Drake and me behind. I'm finally home. Home sweet home. Of course, Zach has to ruin this moment.

"Hey. Emma..." Drake starts to say as he is standing next to me.

Without warning, I face him and swing a solid hook at his cheek. I could give a damn about the consequences of this. I don't even care about how my knuckles will be bruised and perhaps bloodied. I think I just tweaked a rib again...

Drake lets out a stream of expletives as he falls to the ground. He cradles his cheek with his hand carefully. He looks pissed, but I know he would never hit me. Plus, he deserved that. He probably knows that too.

I huff and walk off.

That felt good.

I may feel guilty later, but damn that felt good.

-------------------------

A/N

Sorry for the late update. I try to update once a week, mostly Sundays. I hope you still enjoyed it. Thanks for all the reads and votes.

Vote:)

Comment:)

Criticism :)))))