Drop it

"Continue from where you left off." I say as soon as I wake up in the morning.

"What were we talking about?" Don acts innocently.

I groan. "Don't give me that."

"Wow." Don steps away from me. "Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"No. I didn't." I say flatly.

"Or maybe somebody is pmsing..." He murmurs off to the side.

"DON!" I hurl a nearby object at him. It just happens to be a metal ice cream scooper.

"Ouch." He massages his bicep as the scooper makes contact. "That thing hurts! Be nice."

"I wouldn't have to be like this if you would stop being so difficult." I grumble.

"Ok. what else do you want to know?"

"So what happened to you and the gang after Roma passed away? You obviously tried to cut ties." I ask.

"Well, I left it all. I never looked back." He then adds. "That sounds rather cold, doesn't it?"

I choose not to comment.

"My bro and I left and started our own lives. He made it big playing football obviously, while I'm coaching the sport now. I love it, and I don't miss my old life." Don shakes his life. "I can't miss it, and I mustn't. my old life brings nothing but trouble. I wonder why Siobhan even let Jason near Zach."

"Mom and dad don't know Jason fights. They know Zach and like him a lot..." I think back to my birthday party.

"Yeah. Your parents are smart, but they sometimes are blind even if it's five feet away." Don shrugs.

"What's up with the bad blood between Zach and Jason though?" I question.

"That's their business not mine. all I know is that Zach is the boss now. It's his gang now. apparently, he had dealt with every little problem and their power is growing stronger each day." Then, Don repeats once more. "Emmalyn, you don't know how important it is when I stress you to stay away from Zach. He is the master at putting on personality and masks. I'm sure you've seen a crack of his dark side. I barely know the man he has become but I can tell you will only be seeking trouble if u keep asking questions like these."

"Okay." I say impatiently.

"Emmalyn. Just drop it and go on with your life." Don grips my hands. "Promise me."

"Yes. I promise." I force the words out. I never break my promises. this is going to be hard to keep. I really consider lying and not promising. Yet, that is just completely against my moral code. I also consider fighting back. Yet, I'm starting to think that really this affair has nothing to do with me, or it's too bit for me to even handle.

"Good." He nods after searching my eyes.

"Go and hangout with people your age." He shoos me off. "I may be young, but I'm still older and wiser than you. Of course, I'm still rather handsome."

"Can you not even be serious for one whole minute?" I laugh a little.

"Uh..." he pretends to ponder. "Nope!"

"Fine. I'll see you later." I wave and head on back home.

********

"Hey Jason!" I shout as soon as I get home.

"Hey there. What's wrong?" He comes down the stairs.

"Why do you automatically assume something is wrong ?" I freeze up.

"You called me Jason." He purses his lips together.

"Oh..." I nod.

"So...?" He motions for me to continue.

"I'm dropping the questions." I state.

"About Zach?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"Yes." I state once more.

"Just like that." He slowly words.

"Just like that." I roll my eyes.

"Why?"

"Just be happy I'm dropping it." I start to get annoyed. I'm very curious by nature so of course I just want to get this investigation completed. Yet, I feel honor bound to keep my promises.

"Ok..." I can tell he is suspicious.

"Well, do you want to go hangout or something?" I change the subject.

"You should go do your summer homework. You've been doing way too much hanging out and having fun." He starts acting responsible and orders me around.

"But Sunny!" I whine.

"Now you used my nickname?" He smirks. "We can have fun after you do it."

"You suck." I say as I trudge to my room.

"I love you too!" He winks.

-----------------

A/N

It's short. I know. I'm sorry.

So I'll be ending this book soon.

Noo! But it's true because I feel like the story is starting to drag!

I'm trying my best but it feels more difficult as I update more chapters. I'm running out of ideas and the plot is getting funky and bad.

I apologize tremendously first of all for the inconsistent updates. Summer is crazy! I have a lot of activities :(

Second of all,
I apologize for this chapter. I know it's not on of my best chapters.

Thank you for being so kinda and considerate. I've tried to reply to the comments. All of you are so awesome and I really love you guys.

Thanks again!

Comment

Critique

Vote

Be awesome

And stay awesome :3