My first date...

Two months later.

I quit cheer near the end of September. Oh, the horror! I ran for student body leadership, Freshmen President, and I won. That's why I quit. Otherwise, cheer would have conflicted. It's not like I missed cheer anyways. Almost everyone on Varsity were snobs. I was able to be football manager full-time! Cheer wasn't worth it compared to football manager.

Did I forget to mention how all the students are still major suck-ups to me? Yeah, since I am freaking related to the Jason Carter. I scoff at that every time. Two-faced people. They all want to get onto Jason's good side. I'm actually kind of scared of the power the guys have....now that I think about it...They somehow have the power to charm even the teachers...

Jason gave me another bet since I didn't follow through with this one. Yes, he was the one I lost my bet with so I had to do cheerleading. The alternative he created? I had to be his servant until he graduated. I just had to do his laundry (ew), make him food, and pretty much do everything the lazy ass doesn't feel like doing. It's fine...He cut down four years to one. What was the bet? We bet who would win the Super Bowl. I rooted for the San Francisco 49ers. He bet on Ravens. I lost. It was a sad sad day.

You remember Alex? Mr. Hot Ass has still been plaguing my mind. I know. It's been a month! I have been texting/calling him a lot. I can't help it. He's just soo yummy.  The guy is freaking attractive, smart, funny, and charming. I think I may have the slightest chance with him. I hope I do. I mean, he does talk to me as often as I do to him. Oh gosh, the girly part of me is surfacing. I mentally shove it back down.

Still, I think there is something fishy about him. He never talks about his personal life. It's odd, but whenever the topic starts going to his friends or family, he switches the topic. He hasn't even told me his full name. I don't really know him, just his interests, hobbies, and etc., I guess that's still something. I'm not one to pry, so I don't push it. I just find it weird. We have the oddest conversations about just anything but himself. I know he is a senior, plays football, works out at the gym, hates anchovies, likes to play the guitar, and is an only child. School? Carriger High, my football team's rivals. Their team is almost as great as ours. Almost, but not quite. 

I don't go around snooping (maybe I should). I could probably figure out who he is if I asked around at Carriger. Speaking of which, we had a game today against them at their school. I might actually see him? He's hot, so he must be popular? Oh gosh, now I sound like those annoying girls.

I trust him somehow, enough to talk about myself freely. It's a gut feeling. He's a good guy, even with his secrets.

"Em? Earth to Em?" A hand waves in front of me.

I snap back to reality. "Huh? What?"

"Is something wrong?" Jarod and Cody say together, looking at me worriedly.

"It's creepy how you guys say the same things sometimes." I shudder.

"Stop changing the topic." They say in unison again.

"It's nothing." I wave my hand at them.

"Uh-huh," they look unconvinced. 

"Almost every other day you space out. Now, it's at lunch. Lunch is your favorite time of the day." Cody notices.

"C'mon, we've known you since you were in Kindergarten. Spill." Jarod scoots closer to me.

"You guys, stop worrying. It's nothing." I push Jarod away. "I swear, you guys are so emotional."

"We care for you." Jarod scoots back next to me.

"Yeah. I swear, it's nothing. Let it go." I was getting irritated.