Step Sixteen

For the first time in a long time I woke up feeling certain and strong. The room around me the same one me and Yoongi spent the night in the day we met. The memory made me smile as I stared at the ceiling. I lifted myself up my head a little dizzy from how fast I managed to sit up. I clutched the bed underneath me with my free hands. I felt extremely thirsty, my throat had a burning sensation, screaming to be healed. I stared ahead to see Yoongi weakly smiling at me. He sat at the edge of the bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked. "Ah..." I groaned. This caused him to frown. His eyes teary eyed and his face apologetic. "I'm sorry." Tears trickled down his cheeks. "You saved me..you were gonna die..I..I didn't want to let you go, I did this for my own selfishness." He said in between tears. And I knew exactly what he had meant. He pulled the collar to his shirt down. "Drink." He said inching closer to me. I attacked him, almost like an animal, that's what I felt like, an animal. And he was merely my prey. He smells so good. I grabbed his shoulder blades and didn't hesitate to kiss his pale neck. Then I dug in. The blood was warm down my throat and the fangs I now had felt uncomfortable. I realized what I had done...no what I had become. The thought made me pull away. I scooted away not because I was afraid of Yoongi but because I was afraid of myself. I grabbed myself and shut my eyes tightly feeling the cool tears slide down my cheeks. "I love you." I opened my eyes. "I love you." Yoongi repeated his tears beginning to dry up.