From the beggining

Harry stares at Draco's smile, he never smiled towards the end... "you have a beautiful smile" he lets out before he has time to actually think it through and Draco blushes.
"Thanks Potter" he mumbles. "You can call me Harry you know..." Harry trails off, he's not sure if they'll ever be on first name terms, but it might be worth a try.

Draco nods, and Harry backs down, tonight he won't push anything.

"I don't really know what to tell you, where do we start? Years and years of unsaid things and now I have the chance to say them, I can't seem to recall them" says Draco with a small shrug, and Harry just keeps on staring at the sky, maybe after all Draco doesn't want to talk about it, as if thinking along the same lines he says "I need to talk about it, I need you to understand, I just can't seem to start".

And Harry calms down, that's easily fixed "we start from the beginning... I'll start from the beginning" he sees Draco nod out of the corner of his eye.

"I used to live with the Dursleys, my aunt Petunia is my moms sister, the blood protection kept me safe from posible threats my whole life, at one point it even kept me safe from Voldemort... but there was nothing to keep me safe from them, my uncle was the worst, he was the one who would lock me in the cupboard, the cupboard under the stairs was my home, from as early as I can remember until I was almost 11, I slept there and spent my free time there, I could go out and eat at the dinner table, as long as I ate alone... and only if my uncle was feeling lenient, I would go days without food, sneaking to the bathroom to take a cup of water, Dudley was... he was spoiled, I don't believe he would have treated me the way he did if he hadn't been raised that way, but they adored him at home, they made up excuses for his bad grades, for his bullying, for everything, and I was stuck there, I didn't want their love, but I wanted my parents back so bad... my aunt was not that bad, I mean, she only did what my uncle told her to do, but the rest of the time she just stood by and watched, as I was brought down... I was miserable there, but there were nice days from time to time, that's all that kept me sane until I found out the truth. Eventually my Hogwarts letter came, my uncle wouldn't let me get it, it took me so many attempts, all of them failed may I add, until Hagrid showed up at our door... best thing ever" Harry laughs at the memory "he brought down the door, the Dursleys were terrified, so was I mind you, but it was worth it for their faces, Hagrid took me away, he explained everything, I finally knew what happened with my parents, dead... for me, to protect me, little did I know back then that they were the first of many... the first of many to die for Harry Potter".

It's been years and years, Harry is almost 20 now and still, the thought of his parents brings tears to his eyes, he had gone back to Godrics Hollow for a while, but it was a constant reminder. Harry understands, he understood from a young age, why they were not with him, and he appreciates their sacrifice, but growing parent less, having to live with the Dursleys for so long, Harry can't help himself from asking why?

"For Harry Potter" says Draco, bringing a hand up to run it trough his hair, is longer and more unkept than Harry has ever seen it "I knew your name ever since I can remember, father hated you, not publicly obviously, but he did... I read about you, the Manor had a big library, and my parents took The Daily Profet every day, and suddenly you were in all the important books, I would get Dobby to read them for me when I couldn't,The Boy Who Lived, I idolized you, so young, so important... I thought you were just like me, I thought that title was almost as good as being a Malfoy, I expected great things of our first meeting you know? I thought there was no other way for it to be than us being friends, I had my life in Hogwarts planned out, starting with winning you over... but I didn't realize that we were different after all, because you didn't use your title like I used my last name, you didn't even know about it, I thought I would meet a boy like me, raised up like a little prince, when I saw you and you were not what I expected I panicked, I should have changed my approach, you did not think like my father did, it took me awhile, but yeah... being pure blood never meant being better than anyone else, I just wished I had known back then. I can't believe your childhood was like that... mine was, not exactly loving, father was not one to show feeling, but mother was, mother loved me, and I love her with all my heart, father trained me to become a Malfoy, in manner as well as name... but he went wrong, and mother could not correct it, I didn't even thought about correcting it until I was older... I'm so sorry."

Harry smiles a little bit without looking at Draco "you read about me?".

Draco let's out a huff and slaps Harry's arm, no force behind the blow "I did, we all wanted to know everything about our Savior" he says, and Harry can't tell if the phrase is either dripping with sarcasm, or completely serious, so he just says "don't, I couldn't save what was most important".

Draco stays quiet, Harry guesses that like him, he has decided not to push anything tonight, they'll say everything there is to say eventually, they have time.

"It was lonely being Draco Malfoy... everyone assumed I had all this amazing things to do, and that my family took me to all this places, that I was happy, loved, little did they know I was not happy to follow in my fathers footsteps" he says and Harry hurts for the boy, because he might have been lonely, but when he came to Hogwarts and met Ron and Hermione, when he became a part of Gryffindor, he felt like he was finally at home. Being Harry Potter, the orphan was very lonely, but being Harry Potter the Boy Who Lived hadn't been so at all, and here, at his side, lays his counterpart.

"Lovely childhoods weren't they?" Harry asks, not sure of what to say.

Draco breaths deeply, Harry can hear the intake of breath "mine was nice enough, father bought me a broom and taught me to fly from very young, the only time when he seemed to be happy to have a son was when we were flying, I think it was where he felt the most like himself, mother used to watch us from the gardens, she always loved those gardens, I warmed up to them eventually, there was no other option when you spent time with her, there's only so much you can hear about flowers before you start liking them, mother also liked the piano, I wonder if she still plays, I tried it, but I could never match her skill, I'd rather sit down and listen to her, her music was magical... the house elves would let me sit with them while doing the chores, they didn't really talk much, with the master thing, but they were nice enough, and they always listened when I had something to say, specially Dobby, he took a special liking to themes related to you, he seemed to always be listening when I talked of the famous Harry Potter".

Harry let's out a little laugh, Dobby, he can remember the small elf talking about Harry's greatness and kindness, it was rather embarrassing, but Dobby had been a great friend, with Harry until the very end, one more life to Harry's count, the laugh dies in his throat.

"You know what we should do?" Draco asks and Harry stays quiet, waiting for the boy to continue "play quidditch, I haven't ridden a broom in a long time, and I always wanted to play you, in a friendly way I mean, without worrying about keeping my image, or about you throwing me off my broom".

Harry hasn't played quidditch in a long time, it feels like a different life when he had been worried about falling of his broom, or about being the worst captain Gryffindor had had in over a century, he remembers the feeling, of the air running through his always messy hair, the robes snapping around him, the sun on the back of his neck, in the air he had felt alive, and now that Draco mentions it, Harry has missed it a lot.

Harry turns to find Draco already staring at him, a small spark in his grey eyes.

"We'll do it tomorrow then... Harry".

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••