Fearless

I was going to post it tomorrow but I want to thank you guys for 500 reads! It makes me really happy! And your votes and comments also! I hope you keep enjoying the story!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Draco's smile lightens up something inside Harry, and he can't really place what it is.

Ever since the war he feels like he's been missing something, he had thought it was so stupid because he has everything he ever needed, Ron and Hermione are still by his side, the Weasleys have taken him in, the ministry's finally at trustworthy hands, Hogwarts has a wonderful headmistress, and they finally had time to mourn their dead, and even though what they really wanted was to have them back, Harry, along with everyone else is finally learning to let go, and yeah, Harry has his panic attacks and all this flashbacks of the war, but the future seems bright enough, brighter than it had ever seemed before at least; and still there it is, that small part inside himself that just seems to be empty, the one he doesn't know how to fill up, because he doesn't really know were it comes from, what it is...

"And moving on we have third year" says Draco, startling Harry a bit, even tough he says it with such a light tone.

Third year had been... emotional, it had all started with him running away from the Dursleys after aunt Marges incident, and then the dementors, Harry hadn't had an exactly happy life up until third year, but he had never really noticed how heavy his past ghosts were until he came face to face with that dementor in the Hogwarts Express, along the year he had experienced multiple attacks, each worse than the last, and the despair... the same scene playing out inside his head over and over again, James shouting for Lily to run, Lily pleading, Voldemort laughing, all the green light... the deaths of his parents had never seemed so terrifying. And then Professor Lupin, the pang in his chest nearly knocks the air out of him, one of the Marauders, that had been the biggest shock of it all, meeting his dads 3 best friends, and finally discovering the truth about the night that changed his life for ever, his and the whole Wizarding World, or part of it at least.

During third year Harry gained a godfather, 2 if he could have his way, for in Remus and Sirius he had finally found people who felt his parents deaths as deeply as him, who could understand, for they were as scarred by it as Harry himself, and even though it must have hurt to look at him, an almost exact replica of James, with Lily's beautiful green eyes, they still loved him... it had been an emotional year, the emotions multiply now that he knows such happiness and love could never last, both men had been taken from him, once again; mom, dad, godfather, uncle... gone.

--------------------------------------------

Harry is silent for a very long time but Draco doesn't mind, he's lost in his own thoughts, back in the day he heard a few things about Harry's situation, specially the dementors thing, Draco laughed a lot at him for passing out on the train and for the way the dementors seemed to affect the boy, but what nobody knew was that they affected Draco deeply as well, he was just better at coping and hiding his emotions, he always was, but still... he had never experienced them in person until that year, he had heard and read about them, and on paper and stories they had sounded like terrifying creatures but after their encounter terrifying had seemed like a very mild word to describe them.

Third year was the first time Draco had come face to face with his worst fears... up until then he had lived under the mistaken idea that he was above fear, because, who could hurt you when you were a Malfoy? Nobody had the power, he was better than that, or so he thought back then.