I believe in you

"Losing you".

And with those words Harry is finally able to identify what that warmth in his chest is; they're feelings, it's happiness.

Which is funny because if that's all it is, why does it feel so new all of a sudden?

"I'm sorry... to straightforward..." Draco mumbles and Harry shakes his head "it's not that, it's just that I'm happy".

"Happy?" Draco's tone of voice marks the word as foreign.

[its a different kind of happiness] he thinks to himself [no restraints or faded feelings, just happiness, that's why it feels different] It's not that Harry has been absolutely depressed for the last couple years, he has been fairly happy if he thinks about it. He was happy when Teddy gave his first steps, and when Victorie Weasley was born, he got excited when Teddy said Uncle Harry for the first time and he still felt that surge of love every time he saw his friends, his family, but it had all been dim, a shadow of how his feelings used to be.

Harry remembers a time when happiness was pure bliss, it was cheering and your heart thumping in your chest, it was flying on his broom seconds before catching the snitch, knowing he was about to win the game for Gryffindor, it was his parents smiling at him, Hagrid waving and Hedwig flying, it was Hermione running towards him on the end of year feast in second year, it was finding Sirius, Christmas at the Weasleys and seeing Ron again after a long time, his happiness had been a burning feeling, colors and laughs inside him, and lately things that would be the definition of happiness itself feel faded, a light orange instead of blazing red, a little smile were there was once breathless laughter, it had felt right with the situation because, even tough the survivors guilt has been dealt with and Harry knows it's okay to move on with his life, he also feels the need to keep the mourning feeling and the sadness clamped thigh to his chest, in memory of the lives lost... and that's totally fine... or is it?

Because now with this beautiful boy lying next to Harry, igniting this lights and colors inside his chest, filling him up with this feeling he didn't know he lacked, he feels happier than he had felt in a few years, and he wonders why he insisted on living along with that dimmer version of his life, when he could have this...

Happiness, again; being buried in books with Hermione while Ron complained about it, Tea with Luna, deep talks with Neville, muggle hiking with Mr. Weasley and learning to cook from Mrs. Weasley, weekend visits to shell cottage and writing letters for Hagrid, wonderful days playing with Teddy, his godson... it suddenly shows in a new light, no more feeling guilty about raising Teddy himself due to the fact that he lost his parents in the stupid war, but instead feeling proud of raising such an amazing kid, and rearing him up to be just like his parents, loving, brave, loyal. And finally Draco, a new life with Draco in it, maybe playing with Teddy, maybe going on dates? Maybe just talking, like they're doing now, because Harry hadn't felt so free since the war, and having Draco by his side is more than enough, more than he had been hoping for.

"Very happy, you make me happy" Harry smiles at the blush on Draco's cheeks.

--------------------------------------------

[I make him happy] Draco's face feels a bit hot against the nights cool breeze, happy is something he hadn't associated with himself for a long time... but if he had to say what happiness is to him, it would probably be the boy lying next to him.

Harry clears his throat lightly and Draco can see him blushing a bit "so... are you about to tell me about facing the dementors or should we start by talking about your boggart?".